Off to Your Room

Sorry for publishing this late, I've been dealing with a lot lately, anyway here's the chapter y'all been waiting for, contains messages of hate and self-harm, remember that it is not encouraged!!

"Be careful what you say to your children, a parent's words can echo for a lifetime."

-José Chaves

____________________________________________

As (Y/n) walked her way home that day, she recalls when Roy invited her over to the sibling's house, even if she did accept the kind request, she'd have to talk about it to her parents over this weekend, and she knows that it's never going to happen.

Feeling a familiar pain in her chest as her home comes into view just around the corner, (Y/n) takes in a couple of deep breaths to refrain from crying.

Her parents were outrageously strict, and pretty much formed her into the socially awkward, sad lump she is, but they did tend to disregard her own feelings and make her feel guilty for even being alive.

(Y/n) didn't even notice when she had already reached her house, she'd been so caught up in her thoughts that she almost tripped on the little stepping stones put on her front lawn for decoration.

She unlocked the front gate with the keys that were handed to her once her parents trusted her enough to walk home alone, and so entered the house with them.

When she stepped in, the smell of a fresh roast chicken filled her nostrils, already making her mouth water as she silently shut the door.

Her mother was presumably in the kitchen of course and walked in to say hello, trying to look as cheerful as possible to get her in the best mood to speak about the invitation.

"Oh, can you call your dad to come eat?" she replied almost emotionlessly. A bit distraught, (Y/n) agrees. "Oh, sure, I'll go do that right now."

She trudged up the stairs, not too happy about seeing her dad, she knows for a fact that he would flip if he found out that where she's invited has more than one boy.

Once she reached her parent's room, she called out, "The food is ready!" and ran back downstairs when she heard him yell an 'okay' in reply.

Meanwhile, (Y/n) thought that it would be best to finish up what was left of her health homework, and would wait until her father arrived.

What had been bamboozling her that week was that the homework itself had been specifically on one topic she never wanted to think about: depression.

The other day, when the teacher began pointing out all the hidden symptoms of the illness, (Y/n) felt as if multiple eyes were staring at her, and began shaking from her fingers.

She really didn't want to think about it right now, so she quickly scribbled her answers onto the sheet and placed it flat in her (f/c) notebook.

She then tossed her things half-heartedly into her backpack and joined her parents for dinner, as her father had just recently came down.

He looked quite upset about something, but she was smart enough to not ask him about it.

Right there and then as her mother was serving some pan-fried veggies, (Y/n)'s dad looks at her dead in the eye and asks in an monotone voice, "How'd school go?"

Flinching at the sound of his voice, she replied nervously, "Um, good! I got an A+ on my math project, so that's good..."

"Oh, okay then," he says with a hint of disappointment, not pressing the subject or even praising her.