CHAPTER 12- YOU LEFT HIM?!

(WHISPER'S POV)

     I woke up as the early morning mist drifted into the cave and made me shiver.  I stretched and realized that Toothless also seemed to be shivering. So I used my wings to blow away most of the cold, watery air and heated up a new spot for him farther down the cave where it was warmer.

     After draging him over to the  new spot, I looked outside the cave as the sun began to rise. Then, as silently as a mouse, I fell from the sea stack cave and towards the ocean below. A few meters ahead of me were a school of shiny fish. Just before I hit the water, I opened my wings and glided straight before diving at the fish, catching them with ease.

     And just as quick as I had dived, I returned to the cave. I dropped the fish next to Toothless. I had caught about 12 of them.

     "Wake up, Toothless. Please wake up, I have food for you!"  I said as I used my claws to wave a few fish close to his nose.

     His nose twitched a bit, then his eyes began to open slightly. He let out a very weak roar.

     "T-Thank you... I-I will ma-make it... make it up to... you. I prom-" he began with deep breaths very often.

     "Woah, woah, woah! You can barely talk, save your strength. You can thank me when you get better. And, if anything I should actually be thanking you! You saved my life, it's only fair that I save yours"

     I watched as he gulped down a few fish, too weak to stay awake any longer, he left the rest to me. Sharp hunger pangs were stabbing my stomach.  I just realized I hadn't eaten for a while and finished them up. 

     I picked him up and carried him out of the sea stack cave. And so, we continued our journey to the Whispering Falls.

     Today is the day you get healed! I promise! I will not let another dragon die trying to save my life.

~~~~~~~~~~7 hours of non stop flying later~~~~~~~~~~

     I saw a very large island up ahead. As I flew over it I saw a familiar large waterfall (picture above) with many beautiful flowers and other plants growing around the lake it empties into.

     Wow... It looks even more amazing then before! We got here just in time. I thought as I saw how Toothless was taking in shaky, shallow breaths.

     I zoomed down to the water and landed in the lake. It is only about two feet deep. So I dragged Toothless towards the waterfall. 

     "You're going to get better! Finally, you're safe from death, for now."   I said, relieved.

     I saw his breathing get worse, he was taking in short, shallow gasps.  I immediately put him completely under the waterfall.

     A small whisper rose in the air. And flying golden lights lifted out of the water and moved swiftly towards him. Within a minute he had completely vanished behind the golden sparkles. But, soon enough, the lights began to fade and the whispers had vanished.

     I waded through the water to get to him. He let out a grunt and stood up.

     "That felt weird."  He said with a chuckle.