CHAPTER 5- THE WHISPERING FALLS!

(WHISPER'S POV)

     "The Hel??  We're on the same team here!"  Shouted a stout, angry little man after he jumped out of the way from my blasts.

     "Snotlout!  What are you doing here, boy?"  Asked the gruff man, lowering his sword.

     The man known as 'Snotlout' walked into the cave while coughing from the smoke.  I growled and he sent me a cautious side stare.  But mostly his attention was centered at the man.

     "Stoick!  We heard you went missing while on patrol, that must have been why we didn't know they were back, you were the only one patrolling the far side of the island and they captured you."  Snotlout thought, putting the pieces together horribly slow.

     "Yeah, I was lucky enough to escape, but not without losing Skullcrusher to them nasty vermin first!  We have to go and find him immediately ... Maybe she could help."  He said, gesturing to me.

     With all the attention now pinned on me, my ears pushed back, I narrowed my eyes and snarled.

     "Well, you're not nearly as nice as Toothless..."  Said the smaller Viking in an undazed state.

     "You knew she was here?"  Asked the large man, perplexed.

     "I was searching for her, yeah.  Though we all thought that Krogan had taken her."  

     "Guess she was able to escape as well."  The large one that was earlier referred to as Stoick looked at me with respect.  

     That's a look I don't think I've ever gotten from a Viking...Or anyone.  The look caught me off guard and I stepped out of my defensive state.  

     With my ears now pointed up in interest I looked out of the cave opening to see a large Monsterous Nightmare, one too large to enter the cave.  I walked towards him with narrowed eyes.

     "Name's Hookfang."  He hissed through a toothy smile.

     I grunted in response and looked him up and down the best I could while still inside the cave.  He had a saddle on his back.  And he must have noticed me staring because he glanced at the stout Viking and said, "He's my rider."

      Another dragon with a rider.  This truly is a strange place...  Yet I still couldn't help but feel a little lighter inside; peace between the two races always seemed like a far off dream to me, but not to them.  To the people on this island it was a reality and that made me feel just the slightest bit more hopeful.

     "Anyway, what do I call you?"  He smirked at me.

     I looked at him with a furrowed brow. 

     "I've not got a name..."  I said with an untrusting look.

     "Come on!  Everyone's got a name!  You can trust me with yours."  He smiled again. 

     I don't trust that,  dragons that smile for no reason.  Especially like that, all... Smirky.  Those dragons I've met before have always been at least a little deceiving and manipulative.

     "Well, maybe I had one, but I can't remember,"  I said, a little cryptically.

     "Can't remember your own name?"  He looked bewildered and even a tad unbelieving.

     But before I could answer we were interrupted by footsteps coming from behind me.  Before the two Vikings could get close to me I dashed out of the cave.