CHAPTER 18- USELESS NON-DRAGONS!

(FLOE'S POV)

"You two stay with Toothless and keep searching for the rest of your pack. I'm gonna go get the boars." Said Whisper.

"Please make sure none of them walk away. For Mom." Said Ocean, a little dark.

"My thoughts exactly." I glared at the ground.

"Of course." And with that Whisper ran off with her nose to the ground.

"You two are really tough y'know. The way your handling your moms death. I mean, I wasn't this good when I lost my tail!" Said Toothless.

"What do you mean? your tail is right th- *GASP*" I looked at his tail and realized one of his tail fins wasn't real.

How have I never noticed that!?

"What happened to your tail!?" Asked Ocean.

"I was shot out of the sky by a net catapult and crash landed in a forest!" He explained.

"That sounds awesome! How'd you get out of the net and survive without a tail fin?!" Asked Ocean with curious, gleaming eyes.

"That's a tale for another time." He chuckled.

The bushes in front of us rustled. Toothless growled and pushed us behind him. He readied a plasma blast at the bushes.

"Stop!" I yelled as I jumped in front of the blast before he could shoot. "It's the pack!"

And out of the bushes stepped one Terrible Terror followed by another and another. Soon there were fifteen standing in front of us. Toothless swallowed his blast with difficulty.

(LATER, BACK AT THE CAVE)

The whole pack was sleeping in their usual ledges. Me and Ocean stayed up to wait for Whisper to return. Toothless was also with us.

I looked up at the stars. "Do you think Mom is up there?" I asked Ocean.

"I know it. She always said she'd be watching over us. I think that's what she's doing right now."

"Your right. I still miss her though." I replied.

"Well, you'll always have me. I swore to our mother that I would forever keep you safe! And that's exactly what I'll do." Ocean said, determination glinted in her eyes, or that was the moon, either one.

"What about me protecting you, huh? Your always finding trouble!" I said.

"Can't really blame it though, can you? I mean, our mom would have done the same."

I was about to tell her how right she was but Whisper walked out of the forest just then.

"Boars are gone. I 'accidentally' chased them off a cliff." She said.

"Thank you. C'mon sis, let's go get some sleep." Said Ocean.

And I followed her into the cave and onto our ledge.