Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I heard a knock on my door and quickly sat up in that instant.

"Yes?" I questioned. Hostel life taught me never to straight away open the door unless you are absolutely sure who is on the other side.

"Sir is home, Ma'am." I heard Elizabeth's voice from the other side and I instantly got up on my heels and rushed to the door not even caring that I am not wearing any slippers and running on the cold floor. I straight away opened the door and not caring that Elizabeth is on the door for me, I ran out.

"Dad..." I said loudly as I saw Dad and Ken sitting in the living room. Tears started welling up in my eyes as soon as I saw those two figures, I had been craving to see from so many years. 

Same height but now he wasn't that lean he used to be. He had gained some weight, which showed he is ageing. Now his brown eyes support glasses and like usual he was wearing a black suit. He looked up at me and I couldn't take it anymore in me. I rushed down the staircase as they stood up watching me. I don't know when I reached down and lunged myself forward to hug him.

16 years...

16 long years I craved for this...to hug him...to have him near me. Every single day, I had spent waiting for my Dad to come, the day I will see his glimpse, and today when it's finally the day, I couldn't control myself. I encircled my hand tightly around his torso and resting my head on his chest, I cried.

"I...I...missed you Dad...I...I missed you so much." I mumbled on his chest. I felt his hand on my shoulder but he didn't say anything.

"I was really alone." I told him burying my face more in him.

"It's okay..." he said keeping his hand on my shoulder and I broke the hug. I looked up at smiled.

"I know you were busy Dad...I don't have any complaints." I smiled and he nodded. He didn't show me any emotion. He looked neither happy nor sad nor irritated but I can tell that after seeing his daughter after 16 years, a father can only be happy. He might not be able to express it, but I know he was happy.

I look behind him and saw Ken standing with an expressionless face. I smiled as I remember the 7-year-old Ken wearing shorts and a T-shirt but just like Dad he too was wearing a suit but he was in a grey one. He shifted uncomfortably as our eyes met and once again I lunged myself forward at him.

"And you...didn't you even missed me?" I asked sobbing on his chest. As expected, he was one tough guy. Of course, he was taller than I was and would be approximately 6 feet tall. He had face and brown eyes like Dad but his hair was like that of mine.

Wavy and Blonde.

"I missed you so much." I mumbled.

I was hugging his torso and with his 6 feet tall figure, I could barely reach his shoulder. I was leaning on his stiffened chest and pouring my heart out. But one thing which was hurting me was that he wasn't hugging me back and neither was saying anything.

"Ken... why didn't you ever come to see me?" I asked him looking up at him.

"I..I was busy." he said and I looked down on the floor and nodded.

"Not even in breaks...Christmas?" I voiced out and his body stiffed further if it was even possible.

"I had....things to do." He completed and nodding in understanding, I broke the hug.

"No problem...I still love you." I grinned and he stood still watching me.

"I bought you both some gifts." I told them excitedly as a big smile crept on my lips.