Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Sebastian bought me home and I straight away went to my room. Thankfully, Sebastian has always been the understanding one and with my messed up life, he always gives me the time and space I need. I cried and pondered over what Ken said.

I made so many lives miserable. So many people suffered because of me and the worst affected people were Dad and Ken, so it makes absolute sense if they hate me.

Thinking about everything in depth, it makes sense and then finally came to a point where I exhausted myself with my thinking and fell asleep. A faint knock on my door woke me up and I looked at the time in my phone. I was 7:30 pm. I quickly went up to open the door and saw Sebastian standing there.

"Hey." He said and I gave him a tight smile and gave him the way to enter my room.

"I was wondering what shall we order for dinner?" He asked sitting on my bed and I frowned.

"Didn't Andrew cook anything?"

"I gave him the rest of the day off but coming back to my question, what shall we order?" He asked again and I shrugged.

"Anything."

"Thai? What do you think about Thai? I feeling Thai today." He said getting all over-excited about food once again.

"If you are feeling it, then why not?"

"Okay, so there is this amazing place which does the best Thai food.DO you think we should order from there? Or do you have any other place in mind?"

"I haven't lived in New York before. You know the best."

"Righhttt." He gave special emphasis on his word and even though I said that sentence. A strange feeling resurfaced in me.

I didn't live in New York because no one wanted me here.

Sebastian ordered the food for us while the entire time I remained quiet. The food came in no time and no were sitting at the dining table with lots of food in front of us but I didn't have an appetite.

"Katie?"

"Katie?" I heard my name and I looked at Sebastian.

"Huh?

"Why aren't are you eating?"

"I am not hungry?"

"Are you still thinking about what happened?" He asked and when I didn't reply, he kept his hand on mine.

"Look, I know this is not my place to say this but your father and Ken are horribly wrong to think of you in that way." He said and I looked at him.

"You don't believe I killed my mother?"

"It was your mother who made a choice to keep you alive." He told me.

"But she died because of me." I repeated.

"It was her wish and that's what she wanted." He said and I remained quiet, tears welling up in my eyes which made me keep looking down.

"And not respecting her wish is hurting her. You once told me that Marie told you no matter your mother is, she is watching you." He asked and I nodded.

"SO do you think she'll be happy to see you like this? Doubting her wish, crying incessantly?" He questioned me.

"I don't know." I mumbled softly.

"But I know this Katie. You mother loves you." He said and I looked at him to see the genuine in his eyes.

"Everyone else does too."