Chapter 31

Chapter 31

I woke up next to Sebastian sometime around at night. His one hand was tucked under me and my head was resting on his upper arm while the other was encircling my waist in a protective way. He wasn't sleeping just looking at me and that me squirm a bit. I really made myself look like an idiot and embarrassed him. I instantly looked away but he heads my chin gently and made me look at him.

"Want to talk about it?" He asked and I shook my head trying to create some distance between us but he stopped me.

"As much as I am good talker, I am also a good listener." He told me. "Whenever you feel comfortable sharing about it, you know who you have to talk to." I nodded.

"I am sorry. I shouldn't have forced you."

"It's not your fault." I said in a hoarse voice.

"It is. You were so scared, you were mumbling things the entire time you were sleeping."

"I am a loser Sebastian, they all were right."

"Who said that?" My eyes started welling up and I sobbed but once again he made me look up at him and kissed my forehead.

"Don't ever think of yourself that way. You are not a loser."

"You are just saying to make me feel better."

"I know I lie pretty good but I am not lying on this." He once again kissed my forehead and a harder sob escaped my lips.

"I embarrassed you in front of everyone today." I said not able to meet his gazes.

"You can say I was worried or I was unable to react at that moment but one thing I know is that I was far from embarrassed."

"It didn't happen to me in a while now. I thought it was over but the past is still a part of me."I sighed and he scooted me closer filling all the remnant gap between us.

"Things happen Kate. You are scared of water and that's not something you have control on. I shouldn't have forced you either and I am sorry for that. You need time to overcome that fear."

I slowly looked up at him to see the genuineness in his eyes.

He wasn't lying.

"Aren't you angry?"

"On you for freaking out. A big no. For not able to help you. Yes. " He said and that made my lips twitch a bit in a smile and he nestled me in his arms.

"But I will be waiting."

"For?"

"The day you'll feel comfortable around me with your problems." He said and I chewed my lips.

But then suddenly his phone rang. He turned to the other side to pick it up with his free hand and rejected the call but from the corner of my eyes, I could see it was from Nicole. It was his usual time of conversing with Nicole which he is spending with me.

"Don't stress yourself. I'll wait till the time you'll have trust in me." He said and I looked up but he smiled.

"I...I..." I stuttered but he placed a finger on my lip.

"I said until you are comfortable."

"I want to tell you."

"Are you sure?" he asked and I nodded.

"When I was in Seattle, the big girls in my hostel used to pick up on me. It was my first day of the swimming class and they pushed me in the pool. I didn't know how to swim. All I heard was their laughter...nobody came to save me. I was drowning." I choked on my sob but Sebastian hugged me that instant making me stop from whatever I was saying.