Chapter 23

That night, I couldn't sleep well. There were these unexplained emotions whirling in my mind that I couldn't get myself to sleep. I don't know why but a small part of me was expecting Sebastian to wish me birthday but I am not upset as he didn't know but what was hurting me the most was the absence of my own family in my life on my special day. Somehow Sebastian managed to lighten up my mood and Hayden's call was like the icing on the cake yet I wasn't happy. There were so many things bothering me and none had a clear answer of.

Next morning when I woke up, I was a little groggy. My failed attempt to sleep a little more than usual didn't help me either. I than made my way towards the washroom and had a long shower after which was feeling a little better.During the shower, I decided to look at the brighter side of the picture from yesterday and that was my friends. Finally, my friends are not angry at me anymore and I can at least live in please for as long as I have to stay in this marriage.

When I came down getting all dressed and I didn't spot Sebastian Chef Andrew in the kitchen. I exactly don't know how long vacation is on so I decided not to procrastinate things and make breakfast.

I was cooking in the kitchen with all the ingredients I could manage to find. It looks like a pantry needs a little refill and I have to ask Sebastian to take me shopping as I have no idea about the places in NYC. I was busy making some scrambled eggs when the sudden hoarse voice started me.

"Seems like I am getting some eggs for the breakfast."

" Sebastian you really need to stop scaring me like that." I said keeping a hand on my chest.

"I had been standing there for 10 minutes and you were so busy that you didn't even notice me. You gotta be a more attentive girl." He teased.

" Really? That's not possible."

"You have been busy dancing around the kitchen and I must say I was enjoying the show too much to interrupt you."

" You are lying." I said as he slides down in the stool on the opposite side of the aisle trying hard to hide my blush.

" It seems like someone really happy today." He said resting his elbow on the aisle in a teasing tone and I tried to concentrate on my scrambled eggs without getting much affected with his presence which was watching me cook.

" And I haven't told that someone about the gala yet."

"Gala?" I asked in horror.

"Yes, and we have to go together. It will be our first appearance as a married couple. Everyone is looking forward to it."

"Couple? Is it important for me to tag along?"

"How can it be a couple when you are not along." He said in a duh tone and I chewed my lip making him laugh.

"It is very important for my wife to tag along with her husband the gala. Our PR is doing a really good job in creating the buzz."

I stomped on my foot unwilling to go and he laughed.

"I know you get cold feet with all the attention on you but don't worry I will be by your side."

" I still don't want to go."

"C' mon you are Sebastian Walter's wife. The secret girlfriend he kept for almost 2 years. Everyone is curious to meet her."

"You are not helping it, Sebastian."

"Yes...for your help my annoying mad sister will be coming."

"Stop calling her annoying, she is neither annoying nor mad. "