- TEN -

A/N~

HOW COULD I FORGET TO SAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR JUNGKOOKIE?!?!??!?!?!?! IT'S A FANFIC ABOUT HIM, AND I FORGET?!? Lol don't mind me 😂😂
Welp, Happy Belated Birthday, Jungkook!!!!!

(And yeah I know my updates are always a little late, sorry about that XD)

It didn't take long for me to realize what those few carved words meant, once I knew who had wrote them. We were being watched. 

"We need to go. Now." Jungkook stated, his voice faltering.

Without another word, we grabbed all of our stuff and ran straight out of the park. Like Jungkook had pointed out, there was almost a direct path back to town.

We ran and ran and ran, all through the streets and around the town, people staring in our direction. I just followed Jungkook, unsure if we were going the right way, but honestly, did that even matter anymore? Wherever this path took us, it was just farther away from BTS. And that's all I wanted.

My feet were in pain, my lungs burned from the inadequate amount of oxygen, but I didn't care. I wouldn't stop for anything. Not until we were safe again. Or actually, as safe as we could be in this situation, but whatever. 

Bystanders questioned us in concern, and we ignored them. There wasn't anything they could do about it.

I had no idea what would happen next, but one thing was for sure:

Things wouldn't be the same after this.

***

Once we couldn't keep running any longer, we stopped. I don't think I've ever been this out of breath in my life... My lungs were on fire, and I'm pretty sure I sweat out an entire ocean. My legs felt numb from the running, and I just needed to take a break. So much for the cold weather, I felt like a heater now.

"Let's just... get back to my house." Jungkook managed to say, and I nodded. I was breathing too heavily to actually speak.

We soon made it back to Jungkook's town, now more aware of our surroundings. We might have been able to go through that other town without being noticed by the citizens (well for the most part, up until the very end...), but we seemed to be pretty known in this one. 

Finally, we made it back to Jungkook's place. The two of us were both extremely tired out, but at least we weren't completely out of breath. I wouldn't be surprised if the both of us went to bed extremely early tonight. Or better yet, took a nap for a few hours.

"Okay... We need a plan." Jungkook stated after he closed the front door behind us.

"Definitely." We didn't have much time left, there wasn't much more we could do. If they were onto us this fast, then we needed to get to Yuna and Jina just that much quicker.

I tossed the knapsack onto the ground, and collapsed on the couch next to Jungkook.

"So they've got a lot of people working with them, around their hideout... That just means that we can't do this alone. We need more people to help us." I suggested. "Do you know anyone? Anyone, at all?"

Jungkook stared at me blankly for a second, thinking over his next answer.

"No, I don't know anyone. I'm a loner, I don't talk to anyone around here," He answered, "If anyone knows me at all, it's for the wrong reasons."

If he had no one, then why did it take him that long to reply?

I sighed, "Okay, then..." I replied slowly, "Then we need to find a way around them."