- TWELVE -

I rolled over in bed, and groaned. Whispers came from down the hallway, and the walls were so thin here that it was keeping me awake. To be fair, I was already awake before I heard them, but it was making it difficult to fall back asleep. And it was early in the morning, so I needed to go back to sleep. 

Who would be talking at this time anyway?

I jolted upright suddenly at that thought, forgetting all about sleep. Jungkook was the only one here with me. Who could he be talking with? That had to mean someone else was here.

I sneaked out of bed, and quietly put my ear against the door.

"You guys need to be careful, they're really onto you." An unknown voice whispered cautiously.

"I know, I know... We're trying to figure this out, and fast... But there's not much room for error, and we're hella outnumbered." Jungkook whispered.

"I wish I could help, but I'd be recognized by them. And I might lose all I've worked for these past few years... I've gotten too far with my career to mess this shit up now!" The other person replied. The voice was so familiar... But I couldn't quite put my finger on it. It was hard to tell with the whispering, and it was almost too quiet to hear what they were saying. 

"Whatever, we can talk about this another time."

Wait... Could it be–

I flinched at the sound of the door slamming shut. I definitely wasn't expecting that. Wait, what was I even thinking about two seconds ago? Whatever, it probably didn't matter...

Footsteps traveled across the hallway, and I slowly opened the door. Maybe Jungkook would tell me? I crept down the hallway, and then peered around the corner into the kitchen. Jungkook was pulling a bowl out of the cabinet, and then placed it on the table before grabbing the box of Cheerios. Were those the only thing he ever ate?

"Oh, morning, Jungkook..." I mumbled awkwardly as I stepped into the kitchen, taking a seat across from him. Things had been a bit... awkward between us since he kissed me.

"Oh, morning." He replied.

I hesitated before speaking, "So, um... Who were you just talking to?" I asked.

Jungkook's eyes widened, and I don't think he knew I heard the conversation. "Oh, uh, just an old friend... They saw something about you and I on the news and wanted to know if it was true."

I stared at him, waiting for him to continue. But why did he lie? That's not what the conversation sounded like at all.

"Oh, I said that it wasn't true, you weren't here." Jungkook added after getting my cue. "But did you think of any other plans than starting a murder rumor?"

I scoffed at the way he said that so simply, as if it wasn't a big deal. Yeah, I knew that was a bit much, but I was just suggesting the rumor! It was only an example, but now I'd never live it down... Well not never, only until I got my friends back. Then I'd be free.

"No, I haven't." I replied. "Have you?"

"Nope." He said, shoving a spoonful of cereal into his mouth afterwards.

"Well this is clearly going well." I added sarcastically.

Jungkook swallowed, and then started to speak, "Actually... I did have an idea. I just don't have a clue if it'll work."

My eyes widened, and I leaned closer to him in curiosity, "Tell me!"

"I don't know if I want to."

I frowned. "Why not?"

"I just don't want to suggest it until I'm more sure, because I don't know how you'll react." He explained.