1: The Past.

Birth (baby pic above)

Lily Evans sat in the hospital room waiting anxiously. James Potter sat beside her; holding her hand, fiddling with the engagement ring on her thin finger. The small diamond flashing in the hospital lighting. Sirius Black was running his hand through his long black hair, his foot bouncing nervously. Remus Lupin paced the room biting at his nails waiting for something to happen.

Half an hour ago Lily Evans had given birth to a baby girl. A baby girl who was born a month and a half too early. She remembered the witch carrying her baby girl out of the room in a hurry. James moved the strands of hair that had fallen from her bun out of her face.

"Its okay Flower I promise. She's going to be fine." James promised.

"I'm scared," Lily muttered as she toyed with the bed sheets.

"This is the first baby we've had. We're all scared." Sirius said. "Our kids gonna be fine."

"Our kid?" Remus asked, stopping his pacing to look at his friend. "Really mate? I do not believe either of us had a hand in making this child."

Lily and James shared a look. This baby was theirs; it just seemed that all James friends claimed the child and it annoyed Lily. Upon sensing his fiancee distress James spoke in a whisper; careful not to let Sirius or Remus hear.

"She's mine, I'll love her." He muttered and kissed her cheek. "Where the bloody hell is Peter."

"I'm gonna beat his mousy butt," Sirius said resting his head on his hand. "This is an extremely important day and his ass was late."

"I hope he wasn't assigned something last minute," Remus said as he continued his pacing.

"Where are Mums and Pops?" Sirius asked. "They would be here for sure by now."

"Oh shit!" James groaned. "I forgot to letter them."

"Just forgot?" Sirius asked; he groaned and facepalmed. "You dunderhead, they're gonna kill ya."

Sirius stood and opened the door to the small hospital room.

"Where are you going?" Lily asked.

"Aww scared I'm gonna run off love? I'm gonna go fetch the inlaws and find Pettigrew I'll be back in a jiffy." Sirius exited with a smile closing the door behind him.

"That twat," Remus stated furrowing his brow as he took Sirius previously occupied a seat. "What the hell is taking so-"

The door open and a nurse poked her head in. Her red cap holding her hair out of her face.

"Ms. Evans?"

"Yes?" Lily asked fearfully.

The nurse entered the room and held the door open for another nurse who was cradling a pink blanket.

"Your baby girl."

The second nurse walked towards Lily lowering the baby into her arms. James leaned forward and Remus stood to look over Lily's shoulder.

She was small, James was sure he could hold her with one arm, though he would never try. She had thick, dark, chestnut hair sprouting from the top of her soft head; her eyes closed as she dozed, her little narrow nose sniffling at the air with little plump lips open wide.

She stirred in her mother's arms and shuffled a little bit before beginning to cry.

"Oh, no baby." Lily cooed at her newborn. "Mommy's here baby."