18: Into Hell.

Charlotte

.Charlotte.

The crowd roared as music played through the stadium. Charlotte smiled at the large silver banners with her name on them. Each school was singling, cheering; she could hear the Goldlights students chanting their chant.

    "We are the light!"   
    "We are the light!"     
     "We are the light!"

Victor laughed behind her as the howls of the Durstrung students got louder. "de' sound like animals." He leaned forward to whisper in her ears. Charlotte chuckled turning to look at him, a grin lighting up his usually stoic features.

           "It's because you are animals." He nodded after a moment he grabbed her hand. "Good luck."

               "You too." She squeezed back. "Promise after this we'll go get butterbeer?"             

         "Seekers honor." Victor looked down at one of his closest childhood friends. "No matter what happens I promise I'm still your friend."

Charlotte laughed withdrawing her hands from his; she swung her head to the side making her ponytail follow. "Plan on playing dirty Krum?" Victor looked down at his dirty boot before meeting her gunmetal eyes. She had always been able to read him.

      "I'm playing to win Charlie."        
      "I know." Charlotte turned her back towards him, it was like she was trying to prepare herself for the fight to come. Victor knew there was so much on the line, his fame, the money, his pride but as he stared at the black hair in front of him he began to fear more. What if he lost Charlotte? 

           "I won't hold it against you if it isn't to bad." Charlotte glanced back at him with an easy smile. "Winner pays?"

Victor nodded placing a hand on her shoulder. "Of course I'll pa' for 'our beer." Charlotte scoffed and shoved his hand off her shoulder. Mr. Diggory brushed past the teens as he moved to the front of the line muttering apologizes along the way. Madam Maxine followed to stand beside Fleur; Charlotte grinned when she saw her aunt.

      "Jasmine." She wrapped her arms around Jasmine's neck.       

          "Hey, baby." Jasmine leaned back to ask "Are you ready?"

Charlotte pulled back, resting her hands on her hips. "Would it be okay if I said no?" The look Jasmine gave her meant no. "I'll handle it I promise."       
    "Okay." She looked back at the other students and teachers. "I'm proud of you."        
      "Thanks, Auntie."

Jasmine wrapped her arm around Charlotte's shoulder, pulling her close. "I wanted to remind you that the cup may not be in the center of the maze." Charlotte turned to look up at Jasmine in shock. "The walls will change on you."