17: Preparation for the End

Cedric

.Cedric.

Stephanie flagged Charlotte down as they met at the usual spot in the atrium where the staircase to the dungeons and lower floor connected. Stephanie wrapped her arm through Charlotte's as they climbed the stairs. "So, are you ready for the next trial?"

      "No," The very thought made Charlotte's stomach drop. Of all the books she had read in 1924 champions had been stuck in a maze for three days until somebody found the cup. "Fleur and Cedric are going to train a bit-"

      "Where?" Charlotte shot her a look for cutting her off but Stephanie snickered as they rushed off the stair onto a platform before it shifted. the unfortunate souls behind them were too late and would have to take a longer path to get to class.

       "The Room of Requirements?" Charlotte leaned back to look at Stephanie as they waited behind a crowd of third-year girls giggling at two Durstrung boys who were eyeing the two older girls. "Where is that?"

Stephanie glanced the boys up and down. "They aren't even cute." Charlotte pushed Stephanie lightly. The blonde rolled her eyes before realizing she had been asked a question. "Ohhh, so the room technically doesn't exist."

       "What-" Stephanie looped her arm through the Charlotte's again as the staircase arrived.

        "It's enchanted." She wiggled her fingers at Charlotte with a giggle. "It's for someone who really needs it."  

         "That...doesn't make any sense."     

       "Does anything at this school make sense?"

Charlotte watched a first-year hand of the edge of the staircase in complete dismay and panic. "No, your staircases are overly complicated when you could have enchanted hallways or a floo system." She shook her head at the boy staircase above her, pulling Stephanie along towards a hall. "Flooing to class is much easier than running up and down the stairs."

      "But we all get our exercise."     

         "I have legs of steel." Charlotte lifted her leg slightly as she didn't want to flash anyone in her skirt. "So if I need to go to a room that doesn't exist how do I find it?"

Stephanie pulled her off to the side of the hallway. "What are we doing in Trig today?" She waved at a group of Slytherins who walked by.