20: Summer Plans.

Remus

.Remus.

The first week of summer was heavenly. Goldlight Academy celebrated yet another victory hanging a new victor on the Wall of Champions. Charlotte found it particularly odd that a picture of her was hanging on the walls of the institute, it wasn't able to move yet because she was still breathing. She felt suffocated by other students hoping to get a chance to meet the winner of the Triwizard tournament. The reporters had been no better, lettering herself and Jasmine about setting up interviews on the topic of Cedric's death. Charlotte wrote the Diggory's a letter trying to ease their suffering. It was one of the hardest things she had ever done in her life. Trying to covey all her thoughts and all her feeling for her friend, their son, was a hot mess. The multiple pieces of parchment were tear-stained; it seemed she could never get the right words on the page. Knitter delivered the letter, lifting a small weight off her shoulders.

Life was less complicated at Remus's. Jasmine dropped her off roughly three days after Goldlight had released the main student body for summer. The events of the last challenge had left an imprint on her mind; Remus made it easier to cope.

When the sleeping draughts didn't work Remus held her. Staying there until she was able to function correctly. She had gotten used to the routine, waking up at 9 in the morning. Remus wasn't one for complete silence so the muggle radio was usually on. The band TLC had become a favorite of his even if Charlotte preferred the 80's rock. Every day was organized chaos; there wasn't much of a set schedule or work to be done. The small house was no more than twenty miles from the nearest muggle town. Every afternoon they would apperate right on the outskirts and make their way to the market to decide on dinner.

The muggles thought it was odd; he would always make appearances around town. Coming and going as he wished, politely strike up a conversation as he gathered his daily groceries or disappearing for weeks on end. When Charlotte was with him, the muggle mothers often raised their concern for the girl. Gossiping between themselves, coming up with stories to explain the pairs peculiarity. To some Remus was a father who only had dual custody of Charlotte, hence her not being with him a majority of the time. Others thought Charlotte was an American, due to her eclectic accent, who visited.

Needless to say, the days were never truly wasted. Charlotte ordered her book for the summer assignment on Sprites and Demonology.

     "How...encouraging." Remus scratched his nose as he read the order form. "It is wonderful that they're teaching you how to sell your soul to a demon."

         "They aren't teaching us to sell our soul Remi. We did that when we entered the school system."

      "Oh lord."