{fifteen}

chapter fifteen~

HE lied on the dry, cold, and bloodied cement. Unconsciousness surrounded his aura, and it was all my fault. His heart was beating as fast as the movement of a dead corpse. It wasn't. He was the dead corpse, and I could have stopped it, or at least I could have helped to stop it.

I know I have never known him, but Ellias did. He was family and I let my emotions get the better of me. I stopped Ellias from using that wretched weapon, but as a result, his brother suffered the consequences.

Ellias explained to me on our way to the alley how he had a meeting with a powerful mafia leader to negotiate an agreement that had to do with a mistake his brother had made. His brother had given him the gun earlier to end the mafia leader's life, in order to protect him and all they have accomplished. He was in danger the moment I told Ellias to not do it.

We inferred together that because this mafia leader had eyes and ears that brought news to him of the secret exchange between Ellias and his brother, that they were going to kill him. He did not know, however, that Ellias put the gun down. And so he acted on what he knew and beat Ellias's brother to death.

When Ellias arrived, after receiving a call from one of his many eyes and ears, he got there just in time to fight off the mafia leader until his body went through enough torture to agree to disappear for good.

But through all of this explaining, Ellias's eyes stayed teary and vulnerable. I stood so close to his tall torso that I allowed my small arms to pull him into me. His body immediately relaxed against mine and he held me tighter with his tense and straining arms.

In this moment of sorrow, despair, and confusion I forget about his lies, and I focus on his troubles. For a change, I want to be selfless and get over my long-lasting hurt. I want to help Ellias through this, start fresh and move on with my life with him. I can't help but feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders since I've been around Ellias. And I'm not going to let some stupid secret get in the way of that.

"Ellias, you can get through this. I'll be here with you through every step of your way towards closure because I love you. And I can't believe I'm just saying this now." I start to tear up as well as my lips mold into an ugly crying shape. my head forces itself into Ellias's chest and I close my drenched eyes.

"Thank you, my love. I can't show how much your reliability means to me. The fact that you want to stay with me even after I lied to you means the world to me. But this was never my intention for you to know about any of this. I'm too dangerous to be a part of your life. And it kills me to have to say this, but you have to forget about me. You must live a pure and happy life without me in it, that is the only way I can know that you will be safe and far from all of this dangerous drama I've introduced you to." Ellias rests his angular chin at the top of my head before he adjusts it to lay his lips softly atop my hair. His voice vibrates softly throughout my small body and I keep my eyes shut, allowing my eyelashes to guard me against the reality of the meaning of his words.

"No. No no no no no no no." I gasp slightly at my own breathy words, "You are not going to just leave me."

My shaky slender hands hover over his chest as they move slowly down his abdomen until I hesitantly pull them away. I look up next to see his puffy baby blue irises. My vision is all in a blur, but the one solid thing I can see is his broken face. His brother just died, and he probably blames me. That's why he is making me go. He doesn't really believe he is dangerous for me, he just wants to let me down easy. That hurt in his eyes and on his face is not from the dreadful feeling of making me leave him, it's from the loss of his brother. He is hurt and I want to be there for him, but he doesn't want me.

I look away from his face and tilt my head forward. And as I step back, his body hesitantly forces itself to keep from grabbing my waist and pulling me back into him. I wanted him to grab me back, I wanted him to say he wanted me with him in his time of sorrow. But he didn't, his eyes held regret and his body looked restricted. But it could all be an act, to make me feel less hurt that he wants me gone for being the cause of a death in his family.

As I walk back onto the soaked streets, I look behind me one last time to see Ellias, standing there staring back at me as I leave, as he and other men cover his brother in a bag and place him into the back of a car. I assume that they don't want to get the police involved, or else their whole livelihoods would be exposed.

I can now hear the faint whispers of Sammy and Cody as they stand by the entrance of the café, awaiting my arrival back to them as I said I would be.

They look at me with concern and sympathy, but I know they could never comprehend the pain I feel in this moment.

I just want him back. I should have never doubted him. None of this would have ever happened if I had just kept to myself and stayed out of Ellias's business.

But he doesn't want me anymore. And I have to accept that.

So with my head held low, Cody walks with me to his apartment slowly and quietly. He knows I can only deal with this on my own. So he stubbornly stays with me for silent support. And thankfully he gives me a place to stay, a home away from Ellias.

I don't know if I will ever see him again.

ᴥ̣̐⃟ ᴥ̣̐⃟ ᴥ̣̐⃟
'    '
'
'
song: "morning" -marc e. bassy

a/n um so i'm so sorry for the very short and depressing update...love ya?

but i am very excited to see what will happen next...aren't you?

i'm literally making this plot up as i go from update to update so i'm about as clueless as you are right now as to what will come next...plz don't hate me♡♡♡

anyways, until next time you sexy secrets!

sk
'
'
' '
ᴥ̣̐⃟   ᴥ̣̐⃟   ᴥ̣̐⃟