{twenty-one}

chapter twenty-one (many months later)

HE and I are changed people, for the better.

"Hey! You with the blue t-shirt!" I yell across the loud noises of hammers and screws and construction all around. The man turns to me squinting to see me as he waits for me to continue. "Have you seen Mr. Starr?"

"Not since before lunch, miss." He looks around and I nod my head in response.

We've been working on this house project since the night I helped Ellias move out. It really is a odd step to take, but it keeps the two of us occupied, him staying away from his old ways, and me holding off from thinking about what he means to me. Granted, I should be thinking about us, but my whole life is messed up so might as well stop thinking and just deal with whatever non-feelings related thing comes up next.

And at this moment I need to discuss the floor plans with Ellias, he has been putting all of his effort into this, but only when I remind him. And the builders are just about ready to put the floors in, that is, if he had decided on floors. He's mostly just been focusing all of his time on the land behind the house.

We found some land way outside of the city, but just far enough to have a view of the whole city. The back of the house has the view, so he's been planting flowers and a small but marvelous water fountain. Even though the house is just finished outside walls and wooden interior, he seems determined to make the yard look completely ready for move in.

When I complete my short walk to the backyard, I can see Ellias hard at work, painting a little gazebo with the most wonderful of colors. He looks just so content I just pause for a moment to admire.

"Hello, Angel." Ellias whispered, so close in front of me. I jumped, startled.

"Oh! My goodness, you scared me Ellias." I put my heart to my chest in attempt to calm my heart, I guess I spaced out.

"Sorry, Angel. Do you like the garden?" He whispers again, but grabs my waist and gestures to the grand view before me.

The view was gorgeous. The sky pale blue, whilst spring indigo and white butterflies float throughout. The grass is at its healthiest, green and plentiful. Flower beds of all color assortments of budding peonies, my favorite. The smell overwhelming in the heaven lists of ways. The world seems to pause as I take it all in, away from the seemingly never ending commotion of a new beginning. This side of renovation was what it was meant for. The peace in a new life, new ways, a path to carve together.

His heart is what binds it all together. The sight of the sky, the aroma of the florals, the sound of the water flowing plentifully. It all would be nothing without the feel of his heart beating beside me.

"Now, what did you come to see me for?" Ellias's voice breaks my trance, and I smile up to him. Our bodies shift so that his arm detaches from my waist, while keeping his hand the the inward curve of my figure and the other hand resting on the opposite side. His grin is friendly and warm, comforting.

"Well, I was just asking if you knew what floors you wanted for each room, seeing as the workers will be ready to place them by dinner." I smiled while pursing my lips, kinda sad that I have to keep him from his masterpiece.

"I still haven't decided what type of wood I want for the kitchen, carpet for the living rooms, nor the carpet I want for the bedrooms. Do you have to time to help me out, I'm so very indecisive."

"Well, your decisiveness is just as good as mine, but I can see if I can help."

He moves his arm back around me and guides us under the gazebo to lay out the samples that lay in a bag I carry with my right hand.

We spend quite some time looking over all of the options, finally choosing a patterned creme white and floral for the living rooms. Then, a more plush creme white carpet for the bedrooms. And lastly, we decided not wood for the kitchen, but white Italian marble.

We got all of that, in about five hours.

I, being the tired loaf of bread I am, begin to shit my eyes while still under the gazebo. We had gotten blankets earlier when we realized it was going to take a while, and they were feeling quite welcoming for a sleep right about now. The floors would have to wait until tomorrow.

Ellias asked if I was sure I didn't want to go back to Cody's to be in a real bed, but I say it's ok. I feel quite tired right now, I don't think I'd make it back without falling asleep on my way.

And to be honest, I like this setting. Ellias holding to me tightly while I look up and around outside the gazebo, all of the stars twinkling like they're little fairies dancing around. The last picture before I close my eyes for the night, so heavy.

"Good night, Ellias."

He hums a sweet "goodnight" before kissing my cheek softly and breathing contently
into the crook of my neck.

A whole new us, hopefully.

ᴥ̣̐⃟   ᴥ̣̐⃟   ᴥ̣̐⃟
' '
'
'
songs: "flower" -cody simpson

a/n heyyyyy girlies and guys...guess who's alive?! me! i feel like i've apologized so much already, so let's just say one more fat i'm sorry that counts for the rest of the creation of this story ;) lol. ok so, this one was just one to give u a little calmness, i do have some ideas for what is next, but i didn't want to spoil this chapter with something bad so that's why this is so short. tell me what you think, and also if u want to do ur sis a little favor, if u find and mistypes or anything of that sort, pals comment on it so i can make this story the best it can be <3

until hopefully very soon sexy secrets,

sk
'
'
' '
ᴥ̣̐⃟   ᴥ̣̐⃟   ᴥ̣̐⃟