{nineteen}

chapter nineteen~

٠єℓℓιαѕ٠

I take my beat-up maroon truck to the 'house', making sure to not draw too much attention. Once parked, I cut the engine and step down onto the dusty gravel. My face shows no pleasure in doing this, as I remember what I have to do.

Meet Frank and Flinn. Take the car. Distribute the guns. Wear the masks. Drive to their 'house'. Shoot them all.

Father must be very upset with me to ask me to kill so many people. I've done this my whole life since before I could attend school, but he never made me do something this permanent and dangerous. The last man I was supposed to kill was to be my first kill. If Ella hadn't shown up, I don't know what I would have done to stop myself from doing it. But, my father should be thankful because we didn't kill Klaus. If I had killed the Jujharo gang messenger, his leader wouldn't have respected us and she wouldn't have ended up handing us the money he owed. Klaus was her son.

Albeit, now I have to kill. I won't get any excuses not to, I have to do it to protect Ella. Usually, I would send a couple of men to keep an eye on her. But, as my father had reminded me, my men are his men, and I can't trust his men around my girl. I will just have to rely on the cameras and Cody. Yes, I called Cody to keep her there. I hate that she loves him so much, but I just have to hope that Cody will respect my order and not make a move on her while I'm gone. If I come back, and she hates me again, I would most definitely shoot my own self. What is the reason there to live without anyone to love and to love you in return?

We arrive three blocks away from our destination. And so, we begin to prepare by loading all guns and sliding our masks and windows down. The engine hums still, but after I give Finn the "go ahead", we are cruising towards the Jujharo Gang house.

My nerves are overcoming my flexed form. I have my AA-52 in hand and I'm already setting my aim at the upcoming house. I knew what it looked like based on the details my father gave me over the phone. But there were several other houses near this one with the same appearance. The broken windows, bloodstained sidewalks, and holes in the walls.

The Jujharo Gang thrives and lives off of the money and belongings they sell after invading a home. Nowhere near as ruthless as us, the Starr Gang. Or I should say, nowhere near as ruthless as my father.

"Yo, Mr. Starr!! Fire it up we're in position!" Frank yells at me. I must have zoned out.

And with a moment of hesitation, with Ella on my mind, I fire rapidly. Frank and Finn joining me. The people in the house start yelling, knowing exactly what is happening. Ezora, their leader, steps out with a machine pistol in hand and she begins to fire. Only the passenger's window is shattered before several of my bullets collide with her body, digging deep and killing her instantly.

Her scream resonated in my ears for the remainder of the time it took to kill every last person. Everyone had stupidly ran out of the house after only a few minutes of us shooting, making it impossible to forget to kill anyone.

I had only had to reload once, but it didn't take me forever to press the latch and rotate it a quarter of a turn. I have practiced with my father many times with reloading since I learned how to hold a gun.

Right after we had finished, we closed up the windows and drove off back to the Starr house.

I look over myself, and all I can feel is disgust. I can't comprehend all that I just did. My father is a monster, and I just became him.

٠єℓℓα٠

I quickly flutter my eyes open, stretching after a good power nap. I look over to see what time it is, it's probably only about 12:00 now.

Nope. Nevermind, it's almost 6:00 at night. I must have been exhausted to sleep for so long during the day, I guess that wasn't a power nap. I won't be able to sleep tonight!

I hop up off the bed and walk around the room until I decide to go put on a silky peach colored robe and walk out to go find Ellias.

As I wander barefooted, I notice just how empty his house walls are. I look up and down and all around every corner and nothing shows of any family pictures or memories. I'm starting to feel even more bad for him. He just lost his brother and his father hates him. And I have no idea about his mother.

I pout my lips sadly and continue walking down the hallway, hoping I will get a sense of where Ellias is in his home. But, when I reach the kitchen, I look around through the room and into the living room, no Ellias.

That's when I spot my sticky-note on the fridge, but his handwriting covers my own.

Picking it up, I read:

I love you, Ella. And that's why I have to do one more thing. I hope you won't be mad. I know you love me too.

ps I called Cody he should be there soon.

That idiotic excuse of a man! He better have a good reason for getting into this mess again, I know exactly what he means by "I have to do one more thing." Okay, maybe not exactly, but I do know that he's going to get himself into trouble again.

With all of my anger, I take in deep breaths and walk off to grab some keys and find him.

But, before I can take two more steps, familiar arms tug on me and turn me towards him.

Cody.

"You sleep forever." He sounded playfully annoyed. "And you are not going anywhere, big scary boyfriend's orders." He stares at me with a serious concerned look.

I stop struggling in his hold and I wrap my arms around his torso as tightly as I can.

"I don't want him to hurt himself or anyone else. Please, you have to let me go and stop him." I beg, looking up at Cody's still serious face. "You two aren't even friends, but you and I are. You can't choose his words over mine. You have to let me go." I try to get him to understand the urgency of this by squeezing him tighter, but his facial expression stays relatively the same, excluding the fact that his eyes soften.

"No, Ella. I'm keeping you safe. I was asked to keep you here and out of trouble, and that's what I'm going to do. Ellias told me to tell you that he will tell you everything once he gets back, no lies." He explains.

I have a loss for words after he speaks. I know I could sneak out somehow, but hopefully, if Cody is telling me the truth, I can stay here and all with be okay when Ellias gets back and tells me what he did. I just hate that he said no more of this family gang, and now he's going back out there. He should have stayed with me, maybe if I was awake I could have kept him from going. Stupid.

I hate to say it, but I'm just going to have to play to the waiting game. Wait to find out just what he did, and possibly who he hurt. That stupid love of my life, stupid.

ᴥ̣̐⃟ ᴥ̣̐⃟ ᴥ̣̐⃟
'    '
'
'
song: "criminal" -britney spears

a/n another one? DJ KALID lol

ok, so there was a small moment of a suicidal thought, but please DO NOT apply it to yourself in any way shape or form. ik i probably have at least one suicidal reader and i would hate for you to think that killing yourself is the way to go when life could pick itself up soon and you will be better :)

anywho! i hope i didn't put any cliché moment into this chapter bc i really want this to seem as real as possible @forthegreatestgood ;))

also, tell me which character u hate the most rn... ;$)

okay, until next time sexy secrets,

sk
'
'
'    '
ᴥ̣̐⃟ ᴥ̣̐⃟ ᴥ̣̐⃟