『 1 』

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

╔═══════════════╗

hello again and heartbreak

JACK'S POV

╚═══════════════╝

Summer, Auggie and I were walking home together. We were heading to my place for a movie marathon. We laughed and chatted as we walked. I checked my phone as I felt it vibrate in my pocket. 

As I switched it on, I saw the date. It was the day she moved away, 4 years ago. I sighed as I put my phone back in my pocket, not bothering to reply. 

"Jack, what's wrong?" Summer asked anxiously, having heard me sigh. Before I could reply, Auggie interrupted me. 

"There's a moving truck outside your apartment complex Jack. Wonder who's moving in." he said, pointing at the truck which was being unloaded. The three of us were curious, so we ran towards the truck. 

I saw a familiar silver car parked by the truck. I watched as the door opened and a girl stepped out. The curly blonde hair, that laugh of an angel, I knew who it was. It was her, my childhood best friend. My first crush, but not my only one. 

I had a crush on Summer for a while but she liked Reid and it probably wouldn't have worked out. Apart from Summer, I didn't really have any other crush, just eye candies which I forgot about in 5 minutes. Kalani was a crush I thought I'd gotten over, but I never did. She brushed curls of blonde hair away from her gorgeous ocean blue eyes that I'd fallen in love with. 

She laughed as a boy cycled by and mouthed 'call me' at her and she winked at him flirtatiously. My blood boiled, she was mine. She looked up and turned towards me. She gasped, her hands flying up to her mouth in shock. 

"Jack?" Just the sound of my name from her lips made me smile. She ran towards me and threw her arms around me. "Hey," I said as she pulled away. 

"Oh my god! You still stay here, thank goodness! I haven't seen you in forever and ... I really missed you." She blushed as she spoke, smiling sheepishly at me. "I missed you a lot too. I can't believe you're back, "I said, resisting the urge to hug her again. She looked just as beautiful, only even prettier. Her eyes sparkled in the sunlight as they used to, her golden blonde hair still curly at the edges. 

SHe giggled as she caught me staring. I felt my face turn hot as she smiled at me. "Aren't you Kalani Winters? The famous child actress and singer? You know Jack?" Summer spoke. 

"Yea," she answered, "I grew up with Jack. we did everything together. I kinda missed seeing his face every day, he was cute." She giggled and Summer shot me a mischievous look. I turned away as I blushed. 

"Hi, I'm Summer dawson and this is Auggie pullman," Summer said as she introduced Auggie. Auggie looked up and waved timidly. "Hey," she didn't even flinch or hesitate as she looked at him and smiled. 

"You wanna get some froyo and catch up, just like old times?" Kalani asked, looking at me hopefully. I looked at Summer and Auggie who nodded. 

"You guys can come to, I'd love to meet jackie's friends. I'll be at Beecher prep too," she said, addressing me by my nickname. 

"Sure," Summer said, "We'll go at 4, when Jack has to meet his girlfriend." Summer said the last word forcefully, and I snapped awake. 

Damn, I'd forgotten about Charlotte. I'd started going out with Charlotte about 3 weeks ago. People said it was 'love at first sight' and we were 'a match made in heaven', but I knew the truth. 

I didn't go out with Charlotte because I liked or loved her, but because she resembled the girl I was in love with.  

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»