4

Arthit changed his clothes and went outside. He breathed in the cool night air. It was pleasant. But Arthit was a little sulky today. He didn't get to see Namtarn.

Sighing, he hopped onto his bike and Started paddling. Few minute of cycling, and he saw a familiar figure sitting on the sidewalk alone.

He frowned. He must be hallucinating. He passed that figure and turned back to see, it was still there.

So he backtracked and approached her.

"P'Nam"

That girl was so absorbed in whatever she was thinking, that she didn't heard him.

"P'Nam"

Then Arthit gently touched her shoulder.

"P'Nam"

"Huh...oh It's you Arthit"

Arthit looked at her, she looked a little sad and spaced out.

"Can I sit here?"

"Sure", she smiled.

They sat there silently, Arthit wondering what to say.

Then he got up and came back clutching a pink milk.

Handing it to Namtarn he said,

"You know, pink milk is great when you are stressed or depressed"

Namtarn smiled sweetly at him,

"Thank you"

Arthit badly wanted to ask what was bothering her. But he was afraid, that would be like crossing the line. And he knew, even if he asked, she wouldn't tell, so he said instead,

"You know, there is this place which sells awesome ramen. I was just going there. Wanna join me?"

Arthit fidgeted and waited nervously. He almost thought that she would decline when she said,

"Sure"

Arthit smiled happily,

"You know what else feels great? Feeling the air in your face in this pleasant weather"

He got onto his bike and said,

"Hop on"

Namtarn hesitated a moment, then sat behind him and clutched his shirt.

Arthit squealed internally and his heart fluttered.

"Hold on tight"

With that, he moved forward.

Arthit was sporting a huge smile. P'Nam was with him. And then, they were gonna have dinner together. It's going to be the best day of his life.

He paddled along the road. Feeling the cool air. But he could also feel the heat radiating from P'Nam sitting behind him. He blushed at the thought.

In between, Namtarn's hands wound around his waist and his heart did a somersault.

Damn, he needs to concentrate, he was riding a bike!!

They stopped at a signal. By now, Arthit's ears were bright red.

Another car stopped by them. It was Phana's car. He was talking on the phone but as soon as he saw Arthit, he forgot everything. Arthit was smiling.

But then he frowned when he saw a girl, sitting behind him. She was facing the opposite direction, so Phana didn't see her face.

Is she his girlfriend? Phana thought panicking. Wait, why am I panicking?

He felt sad and angry. He didn't knew why he was feeling like that.

The signal turned green and they moved on. Phana angrily clutched his steering wheel and accelerated his car.

Lately, Phana has observed, that that chubby boy has been making frequent appearance in his thoughts.

And Phana hated it.

He received another call and made a U turn to go back to the hospital.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Arthit watched fondly as Namtarn ate ramen.

"Wow, it is indeed very tasty. I feel better already", said Namtarn.

Arthit smiled. Looked like Namtarn was very hungry.

Sure the noodles were delicious. He came here often to eat it. But he never found them this delicious.

Guess, the company and the kind of company does make a difference.

He happily slurped the noodles.

"Hey Arthit, you have sauce on your face"

"Oh, where?"

He rubbed his fingers near his mouth.

"Not there, wait", then Namtarn proceeded to wipe off the sauce with a napkin.

"Better", she smiled.

Arthit blushed and his heart skipped a beat.

Later, they came out and were walking side by side. Arthit noticed it was a little chilly, so he offered his jacket to Namtarn.

She accepted it with gratitude.

"P'Nam, it's already late. Shall I drop you home?"

"Don't worry, i have already called my driver. He'll be here shortly"

"Ok, till then let's sit at this bus stop"

When Namtarn was about to sit, Arthit first wiped it with his handkerchief.

"Now you can sit P'Nam", Arthit said shyly.

"Am not a princess Arthit", huffed Namtarn.

To me, you are a Princess, thought Arthit. Unreachable and delicate.

"Say Arthit, we have shared a meal together now. So what's your nickname?"

Arthit hesitated but then said," it's oon"

"Oon? Omg, that's so cute!! ", She pinched his cheeks.

"I would rather be called handsome", pouted Arthit.

"Oon"

"....."

"Oon", she poked him.

"Yes,P'Nam"

"Thank you for today. It was fun"

"It's nothing. I had fun too"

"Let's do this again"

Again?again? There will be a next time. Arthit smiled brightly,

"Sure"

Then they talked, a lot. Shared their fav music, movies, actors, hobbies.

And they laughed, a lot too.

They were in between a lively discussion about best place serving pink milk, when Namtarn's car arrived.

They bade each other goodbye, going home with a smile on their face. And something growing inside their heart which gave them a warm feeling.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Tiredly, Phana got into his car. Checked the time- it was 1am.

He checked his phone for any message and calls. And sighed when he saw his father's message.

His father has arranged yet another meeting with that person. He was doing everything to bring them closer.

He knew, his father desperately wanted them to like each other. But how can Phana like someone else when he already..... someone's face flashed inside his mind. Already what? Nothing...it was nothing.

He leaned his head on the steering wheel and sighed. It will pass away, he thought. It had to, because, he already belongs to someone else.

-------------------------tbc---------------------------