9

It had been a week already, but Phana remembered everything that happened that night clearly.

His father's call had broken the spell instantly. And he came crashing back to reality. He was again reminded of his responsibilities and the big event happening next week, that was today.

To clear his mind, he had went out to wander a bit, only to find out on returning, a very sweet domestic scene.

Arthit waiting for him to eat dinner.

Phana had quitely sat down and began eating. But more than eating, he kept looking at half asleep Arthit. With his eyes heavy, hair tousled, and voice a little deeper, he was every bit adorable.

It's like he got a glimpse of a life with a plus one. And, it made him realise too, who he wanted as plus one.

Earlier too, Arthit had looked lovely on his bed, which he wouldn't mind seeing everyday. No, he would love it.

He shouldn't see this. He wasn't suppose to see this. No, he shouldn't be tempted.

And this had to stop. He decided it to be the last time he would associate with Arthit. He was very distracting.

And he was himself taken aback, when he got this strong desire to kiss Arthit as he shyly thanked him at the college gate.

That being easier said than done. Specially, when Phana had memories of Arthit all over the house.

In the kitchen, dining room, bedroom, sitting room, in the car, everywhere.

He groaned in frustration and got up. This won't do. This had to stop. He had to stop.

Besides, from today, he will belong to someone else.

The Thought made him feel very sad. And he got a feeling, that he was making a huge mistake.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Phana's face started aching from smiling so much. They were smiling incessantly as soon as they got engaged.

What seemed like ages, finally the people congratulating them finished.
Tiredly, he made his way to the refreshment table with his fiancée.

And there he met him.

Both of them stopped on their tracks and looked at each other.
He first looked at the women, and a flash of pain passed through his eyes. Then he looked at phana, and a look of betrayal came up.

"Oon"

"Arthit"

Arthit forced a smile and said, "congratulations. Would you like something. Madam? Sir?"

"Oon...listen", Namtarn said.

"I think they are calling me over there", he marched off.

Both Phana and Namtarn looked after his back.

Phana started feeling guilty, as if he literally had betrayed him. But then he furrowed his brows. Wait. Oon?

He looked at Namtarn,"you know him?"

"I think Phana, we need to talk"

"Yes, ofcourse", Phana said and waited for the party to get over.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Phana hissed in anger, frustration, guilt and sadness, as he ripped off his engagement suit.

His life was getting complicated by the minute. If falling for a man was not enough, even his fiancee liked the same man. And judging by the looks they exchanged, it seemed like Arthit liked her back too.

But he was glad they had that conversation.

Right now, he was more than ever sure, of what to do next.

-------------------------tbc----------------------------