18.

1 week later
Sonseeray

"Where you find the time to run track?" Lavae a new friend I made on the track team ask as we ran our close out to end practice which was a mile. "I like staying fit and I love trophies so why not" I shrugged finishing my third lap. 1 more to go I though as I looked at her. I decided to hang my look and install a black collar bone length curly bob which I absolutely love.

"It's too damn hot to be running out here, I rather run the staircase than this" she complained causing me to laugh. "This is nothing compared to running in Jamaica barefoot" I commented. "Whatever yardie" she chuckled as we finished our last lap. "Aye set up the hurdles to get your time. Morse you're up first" the coach blew his whistle.

I'm running alone? I thought as I went to the line. Usually we running in groups of 4. I looked at lavae who jus shrugged and gave me a thumbs up. "On your mark.. get set.. Go!" Coach blew his whistle. I ran as fast to the first hurdle and jumped it as I did the same to the second. On the third there was a large poster below it.

It read 'I've been disTRACKted with this idea running around my mind...' As I ran back to the finish line I saw Rakim standing there handsomely in a white Ralph Lauren Polo with white shorts and baron 9s with a poster in one hand and flowers in the other. The poster read 'Sonseeray will you Sprint with me to prom ?' I stopped in my tracks and covered mouth shocked.

"Don't cry baby just answer my question" he said handing me the flowers. "You know imma say yes" I said placing my lips on his. "Aw y'all so cute" Lavae said as she snapped pictures. I was waiting so long for him to ask, with prom in 3 weeks I was thinking about asking Jade if he didn't ask. "Go get ya bag so we can go" he said kissing my head. I smiled and went to the bleachers to retrieve my bags.

He took both ya bags from hand and put it in the car. "I'll talk to you later vae" I said before getting in the car with Rakim. "We got to put sum on lock later on tonight" he said look straight at the road. "You know I got your back forever" I said putting my hand over his. He kissed the back of my hand as he continued to drive to his home.

He unlocked the door and let me in. I made my way to the bathroom and too a quick shower. I dressed in just a blue tee and my chain. "Damn girl you walking around like that?" He asked slapping my left ass cheek. I blushed taking a seat on his lap. It's hot in here I almost walked out naked" I said putting my head on his chest.

I gasp out of no where causing Rakim to jump. "So tell me how before practice this nigga asked lavae to prom right, the cutest lil thing with music, flowers, gifts all that looks like he spent a grip right? The girl said no to him. It was the funniest thing cause she dragged it so much she was like 'uh uh uh you got me so fucked my I must be in ya ass" I paused to laugh at the thought of the neck rolls and finger snapping she was doing.

"Keep going best friend this sounds good" Rakim said in a female voice. "So he starts hugging cause you know he big mad talking about I bout all this shit for you and you say no. I'm here on the sideline laughing cause this was so funny. And lavae gon say 'nah Cuh you know EXACTLY why I said no with all the shit you been doin'. You fucked around with some pass around Hoe and catch an STD then tried to fuck me so we can die together, I oughta slap you right then and there with yo shitty pissy ass don't you gotta go flip ya damn mattress where the piss dried up ? Fuck outta my face homeboy" I said. Now we were both laughing cause everyone know knows lavae know she's a character.

"She deadass through the flowers up and kicked them as far as she can and walked away like nothing happened. I could not breath it was so sad but funny cause she gonna get in his face talking about some 'this ain't no Romeo and Juliet shit come around me and imma jam my foot down your esophagus" I laughed with him.