1.

Not revised sorry.

September 11th.

I laid on my bed staring at ceiling zoned out thinking of nothing in particular till the buff beast with hair that is my father walked in.

"Pack ya stuff baybeh" my father said in his thick Jamaican accent. "Wha ya mean 'pack ya stuff'. We not gon leave" I said lowly looking down. "Ray you chat mi like dat?" my dad asked raising his voice.

I shook my head look down awaiting his heavy hand to hit me a cross my face. "Wha I tell ya bout dat head ting?" He question.

"Sorry fada" I said. He glared at me for what seemed like forever before walking out of my room. Lord I hate  dis moving ting. I leave here all my life and now he trying move. "Fada where we a move to?" I asked stepping out my room.

"Harlem, New York we leave in da mornin" he yelled back. I groaned before grabbing my suit cases. I backed some of my clothes and accessories know my father gon buy me more stuff.

I slipped on my jean shorts with a spaghetti strap and my flip flops."mi soon come, mi ago see mi bredren" I told my fada as I puffed my hair. "Be back by 10" he mumbled as he puffed on his cigar.

I nodded and walked down the dirt road waving at the neighbor. Aye yah ray cum yah" one of the elders on my block said as she sat in her rocking chair.

She motioned me to sit in front of her as she handed me a coconut to drink."I hear ya leavin me" she said causing me to look at her shocked.

Granny bam bam was one to gossip her ears were always in da streets. Any small ting ya learn she already knew. "Ya kno how fada is makin decisions by his lonesome" I said rolling my eyes as she laughed.

"Ya beta call me once you reach New York. Imma miss mi pickney" he said hugging me. "Ya no forget, you a Yardie no matta what new voice ya get ova deh" she pointing in a direction.

I chuckled "zeen. Buh bam I ain't dead ya kno" I chuckled at how dramatic she was being. I always enjoyed sitting here and talking to her. She's been with me since I was a baby so I count her as my grandmother.

"Wha yuh den pon ?" She asked standing up. "Gon tell mi bredren about dis" I said standing up and dusting myself off. "Okay walk good baybeh " she said kissing my head.

I smiled before walking towards the lil shack I know they would be at since this is our hang out place. "Look hea. Wha gwaan ray" my friend tico said as he hugged me. "Wassuh ray" my other friend Jaheim greeted me. I tried to give them a fake smile but they read right threw it.

"Who minkillin?" Tico asked causing me to chuckle. "Tico kibba yuh mouth ya kno you pussy boy" Jaheim said causing me to giggle. "Whappen?" He asked look at me confused.

Yes I only have 2 friends and I wouldn't want it anyotha way. "Mi a move to New York" I said looking down. I look up slightly to see them with a straight face.

I waited patiently for them to say something. "Buh romp wid mi" tico said roughly. I pulled on my hair feeling my tears forming.

I don't wanna leave them they been mi best friends since foreva. "I wish I was" I said looking down. "When ya leave jamrock?" Jaheim asked me trying to hid his sadness.

"In the mornin" I said lowly "mi a want ta par wid mi bredrens" I smiled weakly. They nodded causing me smile and pulling out my camera to snap a picture of the three of us. "Where we going ?" Tico asked.

Tico and Jaheim didn't have a strong accent like me since they used to stay in the states before coming here.

"Beach" we said at the same time. We went out the shack and towards there bikes. I stood on the back of Tico as we rode to the beach.