14. failed meet and greet

2 weeks later:

I was currently walking down a very busy street in Manhattan, at about midnight. I could have gone anywhere than where Harry was. I couldn't bear to even look at him at a time like this.

All of us were in New York promoting our album, doing radio and TV interviews, concerts, meet and greets, and signings. We were only in New York for a week and doing all of this seemed so quick and sudden even though the concert dates were planned over a year ago. I loved New York and one week in the city just wasn't enough time for me.

Anyhow, I was, I guess you could say "running away" from my boyfriend. I have been seeing him with a strange blonde girl on the cover of multiple magazine covers. I confronted him about it and we argued about it, and I was seriously done with Harry, he had done and fucked our relationship up. Walking alone in Manhattan, at night, was probably a REALLY BAD idea given I was very famous. Ah, what the fuck, I didn't give a shit wether or not something happened to me. I don't really care anymore, I'm DONE.

Even though I was heartbroken, crushed, and betrayed, I felt the need to carry on for the moment and find my special place, Central Park. At least we were in NYC when we argued so I could go to Central Park and clear my mind. I needed time to go over in my head what REALLY happened.

Before: (What happened)

We were finishing our last song at the second Madison Square Garden show. I was so happy that we got to be able to play three nights at MSG. New York City is my favorite city and I love it so much.

After we finished the song, we all thanked the fans for coming out to the show and buying the honestly overpriced tickets. When I walked backstage, by myself, I knew something was up with Harry. He had been slightly distancing himself from me and I wondered why. I gave Rob, our tour manager, my in-ears, and microphone. I dropped my guitar in its case, not really giving a shit about anything.

I figured maybe the fans who are rich enough to buy the ridiculously priced VIP tickets, would want to see me alone before the guys came and just were themselves. I walked over to the girls that were in line for backstage to meet us, accompanied by Miguel. You never know what they're capable of.

I started talking to the first girl in line, a brunette. We were having a pretty nice conversation until she pulled out a numbers worth of magazines. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at the magazine covers intently. The date on them were today, they must have gone on stands this morning.

"Hi, I'm Brooke. I feel bad, but it didn't seem like you knew. I wanted to show you these." she explained handing the magazines to me.

On the cover of ALL of the magazines were pictures of me looking sad, pictures of Harry and a random blonde girl kissing, and pictures of Harry and I together, but split down the middle. You know the pictures of the celebrities after they have broken up, they cut the picture in half.

My heart literally collapsed right there. If someone didn't catch it, I would lose it, maybe forever, hopefully temporary. I couldn't stand to look at the pictures any longer, so I placed them by my side.

The guys weren't backstage yet so it was just me and this girl Brooke conversing. At the same time I disliked her for showing me these, causing me to literally become heartbroken, but satisfied because she showed me. I didn't know if I would have found out, and Harry wasn't going to tell me.

"Hey, mind if I keep these?" I asked bringing the magazines up in between us, showing her them.

She shook her head. "Not at all. They're yours. I'm really sorry, Anna. I hope you don't get hurt." she says kindly, smiling small.

I lightly chuckle. "Yeah, me too. But if it's true, I think it's too late. Thanks for telling me though, I appreciate it." I say lightly patting her arm and giving her a small smile.

"No problem, Anna. Oh, by the way, you're an amazing performer. I hope you still tour." she says turning and walking away from the line.

I stand there and deeply sigh. I look down at the magazines and close my eyes. I open them and see all of the girls in line for the meet and greet. I didn't really want to meet them.