17. concierge is a big help

BACK TO REALITY (flashback over)

I finally found Central park, like it wasn't really that hard, given Central Park is one of my favorite places in the world. I reached the park, unbothered, untouched, and I was glad. Mainly because I am me and I can't really go anywhere alone without a body guard. I sat down on a randomly placed bench and checked my phone.

I had 37 missed calls, what a surprise.

140 new text messages, go figure.

Did I not make myself clear when I said I couldn't handle all of this stress?? Apparently not. I looked through the messengers of the messages, not wanting to see EVERY message and complaint from Harry mostly.

I had texts:

65 from Harry

11 from Shania

4 from Liam

7 from Zayn

3 from Louis

7 from Niall

14 from Ally

12 from Megan and

11 from Abby.

6 from Shaylin.

All of the texts overwhelmed me.

Being in contact with Shania lately, I decided to read hers first.

"11:27PM: Zayn told me you left. Are u ok???

11:31PM:ANNA!!!

11:36PM: Hello! I am worried about you!!!

11:39PM: Anna, I am not going to tell anyone where you are...

11:43PM: Anna, come on! I need to know you are ok...

11:48PM: Zayn is worried about you. Just tell someone you are ok."

All 11 of her messages went along those lines. I replied because I cannot let Zayn and Shania think that I am hurt in any way.

I rolled through the messages, and replied with a simple "HI" fearing that if I told her where I was, Zayn and possibly Harry would come looking for me. I glanced at some of the texts from Harry, and they mostly consisted of "Sorry" "Come back" "Are you ok?" "Please forgive me" and "I love you." the repeated texts gave me a headache. 

I had saw that Shania had texted me back.

Shania: 12:13AM: Hey where are you?? Louis, Zayn, Niall, Harry and Liam are all worried!! They're all trying to find you and I texted Ally, Abby and Megan. All of us are flying out in 2 hours. You need the support.

Me: 12:20AM: thanks I'll text the other girls...eventually. I just want to say its not necessary for you guys to come all the way out here. I appreciate it though. I love you guys.

Shania: 12:25AM: Don't worry about it, it helps us as well to be able to actually be there to support you. We all love you and that's why we wanna come and help you. Abby, Ally and Megan are here with me and understand that you didn't text them yet. They said don't worry about it.

Me: 12:36AM: Thanks again, you guys are amazing, see you tomorrow. I'll be back. Don't worry!!

Shania: 12:37AM: Ok we'll see you tomorrow. Bye loads of love. -Shania, Ally, Abby & Megan

I just put my phone down and away when none other than Harry himself texted me. I ignored his beg and pleads and continued walking. I really didn't feel like dealing with him. Why should I waste my energy on someone who broke my heart?

I started to walk back to the hotel. I walked back the same way I came, although I walked from Madison Square Garden. I would have to figure out how to get from here to the hotel.

I couldn't not walk around the city at night and admire the sights. New York City was spectacular at night. If you think of it as the concrete jungle or not, it was the city of lights during the night.

As much as I didn't want to go back to the hotel, I had to. I busied myself on foot, taking a small walking tour of the city. I know crime rate here was high, but at this point in time, I did not care, at all. The little things in Manhattan really did make a difference.

I saw some really cool sculptures. I guess I was just trying to avoid my problem. I decided that after sightseeing and going to liberty park, I grew tired and wanted to sleep in any bed more than anything.

I spared all of the walking and hail a taxi. The ride back was peaceful. I laid back and enjoyed some quiet time to myself while I had it.

I arrived at the hotel and got in the lobby. I made up my mind that if everyone was in the hotel rooms, I would take the couch and avoid Harry with a brewing headache. I know I simply cannot force myself to get away without talking to Harry about this, but I can avoid him at all costs.

The concierge and doormen greeted me warmly back to the hotel. There were fangirls standing outside the hotel, not as many as I thought though. I thanked the doormen and concierge.

I had an idea....

I walked up to the reception desk and asked them for a favor.

"Hello. Can you call up to room 2006 and ask for Harry Styles?" I asked the concierge.

He looked at me sympathetically, "I am sorry but I cannot do that, I am not allowed."

"Listen, do you know who I am? I don't mean any intention to be rude, but do you in fact know who I am?" I asked.

He piped up. "Of course I know who you are. You are the singer, Anna Rosen."

"Please, just call, but don't say that I am here. Harry is or was, I don't even know at this point what he is, but he was my fiancee. I think he cheated on me and I would like to avoid him for a little while, while I get my thoughts straightened out." I said.

This old fellow at the concierge desk grew on me. He listened to my stupid problem that he probably didn't care two shits about and understood where I was coming from.

"Miss Rosen, I am terribly sorry that this has happened to you."

"It's ok. I think I will live, I mean I've been through so much in my life." I mumbled the last part, after all this was a complete stranger. "Can you please call up?" I asked again.

"Yeah I can do that for you. Just hold on a second please." he said reaching over for his phone and calling the room we were in.

I stood there and the thought that any of the guys or girls and Harry could see me, getting off the elevator, entering the hotel. If I said I wasn't scared, I would be lying. The man called the room like I so graciously begged him to do. There was no answer, which led both of us to believe that no one was in the room.

"Thank you so much!" I said grabbing my key card and taking the elevator up to the hotel room.

I opened the door and looked around. Everything was as we left it before we left for the concert. No one was here and I was grateful for that. I was starting to pack my toiletries from the bathroom when there was a knock on the door. I ignored it like the rest of everything in my life at the moment.

I continued to do what I was doing and pack my things when there was another knock on the door. I dropped my toothbrush into the sink and walked over to the door to open it.