19. things can get worse

I looked up to see who it was and it happened to be Louis. I automatically knew that it was him.

"Anna?" he asked, I tried to ignore him and walk past him.

I put on a deeper voice and said; "I'm not Anna, don't know any Anna's"

He didn't believe me and pulled me in front of him. "C'mon Anna, I know that it is you, we are all worried about you."

"Yeah you guys might but Harry's probably with that blonde right now. Like he even cares about me anymore." I said, obviously lying to myself.

"Anna, that is not true. Harry had a lot o explaining to do and needs to talk to you. I know how much he loves you. The way he looks at you and talks about you. I am his best friend, I know these things."

"Lou, How can I trust him? I have no idea who to trust anymore." I said holding my face in my hands.

Louis just stood there and pulled me over to a park bench. He sat me down on the bench and took a deep breath.

"Harry met this girl in the UK when we were on the England leg of the tour. She clung to him and she's been stalking him ever since. Harry didn't want you to worry about it so he kept it a secret. She would only show herself when you weren't around. The pictures you saw on the magazine covers, I was there and so were the other boys. That girl pushed herself on him and he immediately pushed her off. We didn't think that the paparazzi would catch the moment on camera. They did. Harry feels awful for not telling you and he want's to make sure that you are alright." Louis explained.

I sat there listening to every one of his words.

"Tell Harry to come here." Louis smiled and got up, walked over to talk on the phone and called harry.

I sat there with my thoughts processing deeper into my mind. What could happen between us?

"Anna, Harry said he is on his way."

"Thanks Lou. Thank you for taking this seriously.

"Anna, if I had not bumped into you, we might have never found you. All five of us and the girls were looking for you. Harry would be devastated if anything had happened to you."

"Thanks again Louis. I probably would have come back after I cleared my head and cooled off a little." I said, brushing my arms because the cold night air blew on me.

"Oh I see. Don't tell Harry I said this, but he probably would have eventually called the police." He explained.

"I know. He's Harry, he feels he needs to take everything in his hands and do it his way. You know that blonde that kissed him? I went to the hotel to get some clothes and she showed up and started telling me how much I don't deserve to be with Harry and that he should pick her over me. I told her maybe she was right and that he wanted better than me. But when you explained everything to me just now, it helped me understand what really happened. I just don't understand why he didn't just tell me that instead of telling me to forgive him." I said, but it did not make sense to me.

Was Louis just covering up for Harry until he got here and was able to explain himself? Why did Harry demand my forgiveness before if he did nothing wrong?

"Wait, the girl showed up at the hotel? You need to tell Harry, he needs to know that." Louis said looking into my confused eyes.

"I guess I'll tell him. I guess you should tell the other boys and the girls to stop looking for me." I said.

He perked up. "I already did. They are heading back to the hotel now. We're all gonna give you and Harry some time to talk about this."

"Actually, can you stay here just in case things take a fall for the worst. Maybe keep your distance?" I asked Louis.

"Yeah of courses, anything for a friend." He said with a small reassuring smile plastered on his face.

Things fell silent between me and Lou and I looked around to see where we were. I saw Harry walking down the sidewalk, looking for where we were. He looked the same as when I saw him earlier. Only there was a glow about him this time, relief of seeing me alive and well lit up his face with a small smile. Louis finally noticed him and got up slowly from the park bench.

"Be careful, love." he said smiling. I smiled at his concern for my well being.

"Thank you." I said. I watched Harry mention something to Louis and he nodded his head and walked over to a tree a little ways away from us in the park.

Harry walked over to the bench I was sitting on and I felt him sit down, I looked down at my hands, afraid that making eye contact would ruin the silence and I longed for as much silence as I could get.

"Anna." he mumbled, shuffling his body on the bench.

I heard him but I was silenced, all of the words I was thinking would end up coming out all jumbled.

"Anna, I am really sorry. I don't think I deserve you. You are kind, compassionate, not to mention beautiful." he paused and I let a small smile form on my face but I quickly washed it away.

"I love you so so much and I know I screwed up. You probably don't want to hear my explanation, so I will leave you alone from now on." he explained.

My eyebrows furrowed. I thought about his words long and hard. I could not tell if he was breaking up with me or looking for sympathy.

"So you're just gonna leave? And that's that?" was all I managed to get out.

"Yeah, you probably don't want to see me, so why should I even try?" he said, I finally looked over at him and he was looking at me, with tired eyes.

"Louis told me what the girl did to you. How she stalked you, I don't understand why you didn't just tell me in the first place. He said that the pictures I saw, they were all there too. She forced herself on you and that's that. I have trust issues but I forgive you." I said, bringing my drooping eyes to meet his.

"It seems to me that you are trying to give up, Harry." I said, my voice cracking.

"I tried. You didn't want to listen. I tried explaining myself." he said and I lightly laughed.

"No you didn't. You told me to forgive you. Forgive you for what? What did I need to forgive you for? If you did nothing wrong why did I need to forgive you?" I asked, confusion running through my brain.

He didn't say anything, he sighed and moved his legs. "Anna, I really wanna fix things, I just love you so much."

"Well then, if you love me that much, tell me why I needed to forgive you." I said, getting slightly angry now.

He grew silent again. Then we both heard a voice. "Harry are we still going dinner today?"

I looked up to see who the voice belonged to and it was the same blonde that knocked on the door earlier. My heart literally broke into two halves right there.