20. ambulances and memory losses

I finally had enough, I thought that nothing could fix this at all. I got up and started to walk away, but then I stopped in my tracks and fiddled with getting my engagement ring off.

I turned around and walked up to a standing Harry. I placed the ring in his hand and I sighed.

"You know I believed you there for a second that you didn't do anything wrong. Have a nice life though." I said watching his face drop. I didn't care anymore. He really released hell this time. There was no forgiveness in this.

I turned back around and started letting tears fall from my eyes. I walked past where Louis was standing near the tree and he looked up from his phone and saw my tear strained face.

He asked what happened and I looked over at Harry. "Why don't you ask him. He seems to be controlling this entire situation." I said while sobbing.

He ignored what I said and started pulling me in for a hug. I pulled away and started walking to where the road was. I walked for minutes, blocks, any where away from them, every couple of seconds I could hear my name being shouted from Louis and Harry. Still, I ignored them and kept walking.

I was crying so much that I got an eyelash in my eye and I started rubbing my eye furiously to get it out. I stumbled onto the road before I knew what I was doing. I opened my eyes and saw bright lights coming my way. I saw the lights coming closer and closer and Harry and Louis started screaming louder than before. I welcomed the oncoming headlights and remembered my awful past and how the present wasn't that much better. The lights started blinding me and then everything went black as I heard horns. After everything went black, everything was this white world of lights. Where was I?

Harry POV:

Anna and I just got into a stupid argument or confrontation. She walked away when that damn stalker blonde walked up and started talking to me like we were friends.

Louis and I were following her down the streets of New York City to make sure she wouldn't do anything or get hurt. She would walk faster every time me or Louis screamed her name.

She looked like hell, and I felt so bad. I looked at Lou and he was frightened. He loved Anna like another sister, he helped her whenever I messed up. I thanked him for explaining everything to her.

Suddenly I saw her stumble onto the street with her hands up her eyes. A taxi was coming towards her and I ran into the road after her, Louis following me.

I was too late. She just got hit by a taxi. The taxi driver pulled over to the side of the street and realized what had happened. I screamed as loud as my lungs could take. People stared at me and Louis realizing that we were famous.

A few teenage girls crowded around on the sidewalk because of me and Louis. I rushed over to Anna and she was motionless, blood everywhere, flooding back to the memory of when we first met each other.

Her face was covered in blood and it reminded me of all the events caused a year ago.

I felt like all time had stopped. All I could see was the small face of Anna. She looked so delicate, like if I touched her she would blow away in the wind. All of the wind in my lungs had been knocked out and all of my vision was covered in red. The red of Anna's blood and I couldn't help but thinking this was all my fault.

If I had just put the blonde in her place, this would never have happened and now Anna was paying for my mistakes. I heard screaming behind me, the hysteric voice of Louis, and the wailing sirens in the distance, but nothing matters anymore. If something happened to Anna, nothing would matter anymore.

I was staring down at her frail body, with tears blurring my vision when I saw a man take her by the shoulders and start to pick her body up from the street's cold pavement. "NO!" The sound ripped out of my throat.

I ripped his hands off of her body and gently picked up her broken body and placed it on the gurney. I watched as they took her into the ambulance and I pushed my way through the crowd of people hoisted myself into the vehicle.

I would never leave her again. The madic turned his face to me and said quietly; "She has suffered severe head trauma. Her heart has stopped. We will try our best to restart it but it might not be successful. I'm sorry."

I did not know how to respond to this. We have been through so much together. Was this really the end? What if she dies, I never had the chance to make things right. I looked at her body again as the medics pulled the paddles to her chest. They ripped open her shirt and put the paddles on her chest. They had to wipe off the blood from her chest and started to try to restart her heat.

Her heart monitor was flat and I flinched every time they placed the paddles on her chest and saw her body jolt. I cried thinking that she might not make it.

"HELP HER!" I screamed, they ignored me and Louis patted my back. I didn't even realize that he was in the ambulance.

"God damn it! Don't you see that she is dying? Help her!!! She is too young to die!" I shouted at them.

"We are trying Mr. Styles, we are terribly sorry!" They said to me, but I went unfazed.

I got so mad at the medics, I realized that it wasn't their fault, but it was mine. Before I could say anything else, Louis jumped in.

"Thank you for your help." Louis said.

Louis POV:

Seeing Harry like this killed me. He was slowly losing the one actual girl who he truly loved. He made mistakes but tried his best to fix them. We were both in a ambulance, Anna's body laid in the ambulance as medics tried to jump start her heart. Harry was so in shock that he started yelling at the medics. I patted his back and told him to calm down. Maybe having him in the ambulance wasn't such a good idea.

The paramedics tried several times to start her heart. After numerous attempts, they gave up.

Harry started to scream things incomprehensible bad the medics placed the paddles on her chest one final time. Beep. Beep. Beep.

Her heart slowly started to beat. I thought, this was a miracle. I just hope that because of the serious head trauma. I was praying that she would not be brain dead, her heart stops again or doesn't remember anything if she wakes up.

If Anna doesn't make it will be forever changed.

We finally made it to the hospital and the medics pulled the gurney out of the ambulance. We followed them inside the ICU and we were stopped when she was rushed down a hall. Harry being himself in the situation was still screaming nonsense about being with her.

I tries to calm him down but it as no use. Security guards had to taze him. Minutes later he was in a chair, calmed down.

A doctor came over to us and told us what was going on with Anna. It was the same doctor that she had a year ago. He started to talk and worried what he had to say. Worried for Harry, worried for Anna.

"Mr. Styles, Mr. Tomlinson, Anna is in great shape for someone who was recently...um...hit by a car. We have her stabilized. She is asleep now but she will be awake and alert in a couple hours. She broke 7 ribs, her arm, and a few fingers. Her ribs were put back into place and her arm is in a cast." The doctor explained to all of us.

"That's great." Harry said, standing up and grinning slightly.

"However, she has had some serious head trauma. Everything is normal but she has a very very serious concussion. There is a possibility that she will not remember anything. For sure, if this happens, she won't have short term memory loss, but she could forget everything previous to the accident. There is no guarantee that she will gain her memory back." he advised everyone.

"Thank you doctor." I said allowing Harry to process what the doctor just said.

"Again. I am very sorry." he said again, I nodded my head.

I tried talking to Harry but he wouldn't answer, move, or do anything.