Chapter Six

She sat in her bedroom. It was very late and after she meet Jareth in the garden she and the boys played games and talked for hours. She was sorry when she had to send them off to bed.

She walked around the room again. This is the first time she had the time to snoop around the room. There was a desk next to the looking glass and she started to open the drawers. All she found was a few pencils and pens with a blank journal.

She thought about all the things she could wright. She could wright poetry, short stories for Toby, Toby. What was he doing right now? Did he wake up to find he was alone? What about her dad, and sure, that spiteful shrew that is her stepmother.

There was a knock on the door. She jumped and put the journal down. She answered the door expecting to see Ludo because he couldn't sleep or Sir Didymus and Hoggle checking in on her. But instead she was disappointed to see Jareth standing there.

"May I come in?" He asked.

Sarah looked down at herself in the nightgown she was wearing, she blushed before she nodded and let him in.

"I wanted to know how you felt about the arrangements, and please save your harsh words." He said while was in.

"You took me away from my home, my family, my entire life, and you expect me to be happy about it!" She yelled out of frustration.

"I know this must be different for you but I'll try my best to make you comfortable." Jareth said.

"You know nothing Jareth. You don't know how it feels to worry, to be away from your fan not even being able to say goodbye." She said, she was moved tears now.

Jareth embraced her. Sarah tried to fight it at first but he was surprisingly comforting. She let him hug her close. She cried and cried until the tears would no longer flow.

She fell asleep in his arms. He gently laid her down in bed. He put on of his crystals on her nightstand and if you were to look through it you would see a sleeping babe named Toby. He blew out the candles and left the room.