Chapter Eight

She was in her way down to the garden. She was a bit late yesterday so she tried to make up for it today by being early. When she wandered in the garden she hear muffled sobs. She went to investigate thinking that it was one of the faeries or something to that nature, but upon closer inspection she saw that it was Jareth. He was knelt over the grave that he that name on it. He was still grieving her death.

"Wraith why did you have to die. You were on of the few things that made me happy in this world." He said before looking down at the time. "Ohh dear,  look at the time. I'll be late for my meeting with Sarah. I know if you were here you would have said as much." He stood up.

Sarah ran from his line of sight. She had never seen that side of him before, or any side, for that matter. He had been so cold and distant to everyone around him. She wondered why he showed such emotion for the "Wraith", and the reason she was almost envious of her. Almost.

"Sarah." His voice said pulling her away from her thoughts.

"Hello Jareth." She responded.

"Nothing? No complaining, no questions, no whining, not even a word about unfairness?" He joked.

"Next time." She said.

He opened his mouth to say something when there was a loud rumble in the castle. Jareth abruptly turned and went to find out where the commotion was coming from. Sarah, frightened and confused followed him.

There was a huge hole in the wall of the throne room that was slowly repairing itself, but there was a man that wore a red cape that covered his entire body it had a hood as well that covered his head and knee high black boots. Jareth stood in the foreground in front of the man, Sarah took cover behind him.

"Shavage!"