Chapter 1: Back to School

It was around 7:15 a.m., the time that teachers would start to arrive to school and prepare last minute lessons. However, today was just as stressful for them, and for the students as well.

It was the first day of school at Baltimore Middle School.

Mr. Baldi, one of the school's best math teachers arrived early as he had always done and made his way to the meeting room like all the other teachers did on the first day back. The principal was holding the usual 'first day of school' meeting with the teachers.

Baldi was nervous about going to the meeting. After all, he had a crush on the principal, and seeing him after the summer break made him anxious. Not only did he like him, but he was afraid to tell him that he liked him. He opened the door to the meeting room and...

"Good Morning, Baldi!" His heart skipped a beat at the sound of the Principal's voice and he quickly turned to face the man. "You're early."

"You know I a-always am." Baldi said, trying his hardest to hide his blush. Why did he have to be so darned cute?

As usual, he went to one of the far tables and sat down in a chair at the corner. Carefully and nervously, he removed his bag from around him; leaning it against one of the chair's legs. Because there was time, he took a complicated math book from the bag and began to do the problems presented in the pages of the book.

It was hard to focus on the numbers and long equations with the principle in the room with him. How he wished he had the courage to confess his love to him. But he just couldn't.

Time passed with each distracted problem, and eventually the room was full of teachers talking amongst each other about school subjects and dreaded lessons.

No one talked to Baldi though. He just sat and wrote down answers to the long equations while others would only glance at the teacher from time to time. But he didn't mind. At least he could try and focus on the problems and not his internally struggling love for his boss.

"Alright, everybody take a seat. We need to start this so I can send you all to your classrooms." Everybody's attention was suddenly turned to the principal and they all did as he said. Baldi finished another problem quickly, not caring if it was right or wrong at the moment, and put his attention to the head of the school.

"First, I'd like to welcome everyone back. Also, I want to welcome our newest science teacher, Mr.Wtf." Everybody looked toward one of the people that stood up. He was a scrawny man with a long-sleeved lab coat over his red shirt and blue jeans. Most teachers clapped as he waved and then he sat back down. His face was also covered in his hair, so it was hard to make out his face. The principal stared at the man for a moment before resuming.

"Last year was a great year. And with every year comes a new challenge." The principal paused and then continued. "I don't mean to alarm anyone, but we are low on budget this year which means there aren't going to be any field trips or fun activities if we don't do something about it."

He continued on about fundraisers, all scheduled at a certain time to cover expenses. But Baldi could hardly listen. Instead he stared at his boss and couldn't help but think about confessing his love.

What would he think about it? Would he hate Baldi? Love him back? What would other teachers think? He just couldn't do it. There were too many variables.

"Ey." The bald teacher felt someone nudge his arm. When he turned to look, he saw one the history teachers, an old man in more formal attire, sitting next to him. "I seen that look afore. Who ya thinkin' about? Ya gotta love interest?"

The math teacher's heart beat quickened. He was it that noticeable? For all he knew, this teacher could tell the whole school about his crush, mostly because the old man had done it before with other teachers.

"I-it's nothing. Just....just family." Baldi lied, though he could see that the history teacher wasn't buying it.

"Are there any questions?" The principal asked. Thankfully the teacher looked the principal's way and seemed to forget about their conversation. The man was pretty forgetful for a history teacher after all.

No one seemed to have any questions, so the principal decided to end their meeting. "Alright. Everyone is dismissed. Remember to come to the next meeting on Friday this week."

Most of the teachers scrambled to the door while others, including Baldi, hung back for a little. The bald teacher began to slowly gather his things. The math book, his pencil, and—Baldi's hand felt another hand on top of his calculator. When he looked up to see who it was, he yelped in surprise and fell backwards in his chair, hitting the ground directly behind him.

"A-are you okay?" The principal asked, kneeling down and helping the teacher.

"I-I think so...." Baldi rubbed the back of his head, suddenly feeling pain there.

"Can I get you anything? Do you think you need to go to the nurse's office?" His boss asked. Baldi, grabbed at the strap of his bag, seeing that it had fallen from the table with him.

"I th-think I'll be fine." Upon getting up, the math teacher felt a sudden dizziness. "wOaH..."

"I doubt that. Here, let me help you." The principal held the teacher firmly by the arm and helped him stand. "Do you think you'll need an ice pack?"

"I...I'm ok. Really. D-Don't worry about me."  Baldi said, the dizzy feeling going away and being replaced with an anxious feeling of being near his boss. "Just..." He grabbed his bag of things and put it around one shoulder. "I need to get to my classroom."

He turned away from the principal, hiding his blush, and walked away.

He couldn't just tell him.

Not yet.

•-------•

Hi, Author again.
I hope that the story is good so far! I promise that I'll get more chapters as soon as possible!

Thanks! :)