Chapter 10: Finally Together

//This is a really long chapter btw//

Weeks had passed. It was already January and still nothing had come up. It was worrying.

Not only had the incident spread all around the state, but the world news had gotten ahold of the story and it went viral. Everyone from around sent their best in hopes things would be alright. But it didn't help the principal. Not one bit.

The principal sat at his desk fiddling with a small velvet box, his thoughts scattered. Stacks of paperwork were all across his desk, untouched for days on end. His computer tab was opened on the search bar; a website for the local news half typed. He opened the small box in his hand.

Inside was a gold ring. The principal was saddened by this. He was going to propose to Baldi. But then everything happened and now, he couldn't.

Suddenly, his phone buzzed. The principal flipped over the device so the screen faced him to see a text message. "New text message" It read, with no words underneath. Hesitantly, he swiped the message left and opened the phone's messages.

The principal could feel his heart skip a few beats.

{You know where I have him. Don't bring anyone with you. If you do, he won't be given back unscratched.} It read.

He knew immediately who it was from, which made him all the more worried and relieved. Even more so, he knew exactly where File was talking about.

Should he text back? What if he didn't? Questions upon questions piled Kennith's head, filling him with anxiety towards the message. This was all too much. Was Baldi really okay? How would he know if File kept his word? He couldn't just bring someone with him, or could he? Questions swarming, buzzing, crowding—no.

The principal had to let the police department know. It was a risk, but it would be better. They could apprehend the kidnappers, and be sent to jail for what they'd done at the school and for whatever they did to Baldi.

The principal got up from his desk, exiting his office and going into the main office. There, he saw the vice principal, a woman in her late twenties.

"I need to be somewhere. Can you please take over while I'm gone?" He asked the woman. She looked up from where she sat.

"Is something the matter?" She asked, sorting some papers. "Is it with that math teacher?"

The principal hesitated a second before answering. "Y-yes it is. Also, can you please call to my daughter's class and tell her I won't be back for a while?"

"Of course. Anything for you." The vice principal said, pushing her work off to the side and smiling.

"Thanks." He said. The principal rolled his eyes as he turned away. He remembered her having a crush on him during high school and he wasn't fond of it either.

After leaving the office, the principal exited out of the school's front doors, heading to his car. He started his car and headed for the police department. He felt nervous on the drive there, almost as if he knew something was off about what File said. He hoped that what he was doing was right.

After parking in the department's parking lot, he ran to the entrance and approached the front desk quickly. Gladly there was no line to wait for.