Chapter 12: Bloody

//warning: There's going to be blood in this is that wasn't obvious already//

"Evicted!?" Baldi shouted in disbelief. After staying the night at the principal's, he'd wanted to go back to the his apartment. They were in the main lobby of the apartments to check in with the landlord.

"You're payments are long overdue by almost two months. So we're simply asking that you move all of your stuff out of our apartment and go on your way." The desk person said, seeming to not care of who they worked with.

"Do you realize where I was for those two months?" The teacher was practically boiling with rage.

"Where? The dump not wanting to pay your bills?" They jokingly said. But it was no joke.

"With a fucking psycho! Haven't you seen the news? Oh my god, I've been here for FIVE straight years and never missed a payment." Baldi ranted. "Give me a chance damnit!"

The desk person rolled their eyes. They obviously weren't buying it. "Yeah sure. Listen buddy, I don't give a shit about whether or not you were on the news or not. A payment is a payment. You do it or you get evicted." They said. "So get your damn stuff from that apartment, hand over your key's and leave."

Baldi was becoming beyond furious. After all this time, he'd expect some sympathy from the world but no. This asshole had to turn around and make his day shitty.

"Baldimore," The principal said, coming up from behind and putting a hand on the teacher's shoulder.

"It's okay Kennith. We can leave now."
Baldi sighed, feeling defeated.  It was obvious protesting with the desk person would result in loss either way. He guessed he would have to leave.

"What about your-"

"I said it's okay." The teacher pushed, walking away from the desk and heading outside. The principal glared at the desk person fiercely before leaving outside to catch up with his fiancé.

He was about to walk out the doors when he saw news cars pulling in in front of the Baldi so fast he could barely blink. He ran outside, coming to the bald teacher's side and grabbing at his hand.

"Oh god, are you serious?" Baldi cursed under his breath. Now the news was hunting him down. How ridiculous was this day going to get?

News reporters and journalists began to come from all directions, yelling at the teacher to get his attention. They crowded all around so there was no escape for the couple.

"Mr. Baldi, is it true you were locked away in a jail cell?" "Can we have a description on your captor?" "Have you just been evicted of your home for being missing so long?" They all asked so many questions at once. The bald teacher could barely hear it all.

"That's enough!" The voice pierced through the crowd of questioning people. Everyone fell silent looking at the source of the noise. It was the principal. "Listen. He's been through a lot and this isn't helping at all."

"And who are you to this teacher?" One of the news reporters asked. The principal sighed.

"I was one of the rescuers involved." The principal stated firmly. "Now will you please let us be?"

"We just have a few more questions!" Someone else said, at which the rest of the crowd began to gather around and not listen to the principal's request. Even more so, this wasn't so good for Baldi either.

"Kennith, I don't feel so good..." He muttered, slouching against the principal's arm and then abruptly falling to the concrete floor. The crowd fell silent in unison at the sight of the teacher.