Chapter 4: Something Strange is Going On

The principal sat on the edge of his bed the next morning—still in his pajamas—remembering what happened the day before. He kissed Baldi and asked for a date. It was shocking that he had come out so suddenly.

Shaking this off a little, he grabbed his phone and checked the notifications. A few emails, a notification from one of his social media sites, and ninety nine missed calls from the number he knew was Baldi's.

"How the hell..." They should have all rang on his phone, but he didn't hear a single one. He decided to call back. It went straight to the answering machine. If Baldi had called him that many times, there had to have been something wrong. He gave a few more calls but to no avail.

Maybe it just couldn't go through. Which meant he'd have to wait until next Monday. He didn't know where the teacher lived or how else to contact him.

But the principal needed to try. Just one more time.

<---------->

Baldi woke up, drowsy from the night before. He remembered that he wanted to drive his car back in attempt to try and find the principal again. But his car wouldn't go. He figured he'd have to call in a mechanic if this kept up, since it had happened before. It should have had no relation to whatever happened.

He then remembered heading to his apartment. There, he tried calling the principal, recalling that he had his phone number because of prior years in the middle school. But he wouldn't respond. It had gotten pretty late, so he just had to go to bed in hopes the principal would see the calls.

This morning he lay on his back, staring up at the ceiling. Whatever happened made him feel really tired. Then it hit him. Besides the weird part with the science teacher, he suddenly remembered that the principal kissed him. It really happened didn't it?

Suddenly, Baldi's phone began to buzz. He turned to his side and grabbed his phone from the nightstand close by. It was the principal. He frantically grabbed it and answered it.

"H-hello? Kennith is that you?" Baldi said, quickly putting the phone up to his ear.

"Baldi? Is everything okay?" He could hear the principal say from the other end.

"E-everything's fine. At least...it is right now." He realized something. If this science teacher had really made something this weird happen, who's to say that he couldn't have been listening in on them? "You know what?"

"Yes?"

"Just...when we get back to school on Monday, I want to tell you something. Please be there." He said. It sounded crazy. But he couldn't take the risk.

"Ok I'll—" The principal heard the call end.

They'd just have to wait until Monday.

<-------->

The Monday of school finally came around and Baldi was anxious. He wasn't sure if he'd run into that science teacher or if anything he said was safe. He just hoped that the principal would know what this meant.

He walked through the school doors and immediately made his way to the principal's office only to bump into the janitor.

"Oh hey Baldi. What're you doing here so early? It's only seven." Baldi tried to push past the guy, but he only blocked the teacher's path. "In a hurry somewhere?"

"Can you move? I have somewhere to be." Baldi said, getting peeved at the fact that the janitor was blocking his way.

"How about you tell me what you're doing and maybe I will." He said, leaning against the long poll of his broom. Baldi sighed.

"I have to talk with ke—the principal." Baldi said. The janitor's expression shifted to that of confusion. "Just let me through."

"Alright fine." The janitor said, and stepped to the side, allowing Baldi to pass. Once he went past, the janitor hit Baldi's back with his broom, causing him to fall and hit the floor harshly on his side. The teacher groaned, feeling the pain that was now in his right arm and back.

"He was right. That really did feel good." The janitor muttered under his breath. But Baldi heard it. He felt angered.  He turned to his back to face the man.

"What the hell was that for!?" The bald teacher yelled at him, but the janitor only smirked.

"You'll see soon enough. If you keep this up of course." With that, the janitor left.

What the hell. This only drove him more to tell the principal. He'd have to see what was up with the janitor later.

He got up and walked the rest of the way to the principal's office. Once there, he found him at his desk. The principal looked up and his face lightened.

"Oh my god, Baldi!" He practically jumped from his seat to get to the teacher, hugging him. They even shared a small kiss afterwords.

"Kennith, there's something going on and...I was afraid to tell you on the phone because of..." He looked around to make sure that science teacher wasn't there.

"Because of what...?" The principal asked, cocking his head to the side and studying the bald man's expression.

"It's that science teacher. The new one. He asked about your relationship with me and then suddenly I was back at my apartment." Baldi said, his tone as serious as possible amidst his fears.

"What the..." the principal said, looking skeptical.

"Something also just happened a moment ago. The janitor. It was almost like he was purposely blocking my path to you." The bald teacher said. "When he let me pass, he hit me with his broom." Baldi almost felt like a little kid telling on another student about pushing him. But he let it pass.

At this the principal looked mad, but also even more quizzical.

"It just doesn't make sense. Why would he hit you?" He said, putting his forehead into the dip of his palm and shaking his head. "And why the new science teacher?"

"I don't know...." Baldi said, rubbing where the janitor hit his back. Then something clicked.

"Wait a minute..." The principal went to his desk and opened up a drawer of files. He was searching for that teacher's application. "His name....he filled it out as 'Emanelif (2) Wtf'. I thought it was weird but it hadn't occurred to me..."

Baldi came over, looking at the paper over his shoulder. "What do you mean?"

"If you flip the name 'Emanelif' around, it's Filename. Minus the Wtf part......holy shit..." The principal dropped the papers on his desk, sitting down in his chair in shock. "Filename 2 is my dead brother..."

"What the hell." Baldi remembered the principal telling him the year before about how his brother died when he was around fifteen in a car crash. He even remembered the principal saying the same exact name. "What does this mean?"

"I really don't know."

Hullo again! Author here.

Wow thank you for 500+ views so far! It means a lot! I'm going through a bit of writers block right now so there might be some mistakes in here. Also, updates will probably be a little slower pretty soon because I'll have to go to school soon haha kįłł mę.

Alright bye for now.////