1 : kai

i wake up with a pounding in my head as i look over to the big block of old technology, the alarm clock that ruins my morning. every morning.
"fuck me i need to stop staying up so late" i day to myself pulling my body up from the bed.. i mean sofa.
i must have got high off of my head again.. jesus fuck i'm the worlds brightest dumbass, i sigh.
i look towards my phone and realise it's tuesday.
"FUCK!"
i sprint towards the stairs and tumble as i go up them then crawling half way to the bathroom.
i stare into the mirror, well my hair looks fine, a little messy but eh. when life give you lemons. i pull the tooth brush out of the pot, squidge some toothpaste on it and brush quite violently.
after awhile i seem ready, i look at my chest, standing sideways in the mirror.i sorta need a new binder more than weed at this point. mentally noted.
i jog my way downstairs looking in the body length mirror and smiling. i actually look okay today? light blue button up, black jeans with chains and my forever, all time favourite, legendary.... beanie. that i may, or may not! yeah okay it's a beanie i stole when i was a kid. i should probably take a jacket just incase. i giggle. ill look like jughead. and i look in the mirror again laughing at myself, okay. no leather jacket today, we'll just take a zip up hoodie today. i guess i sorta look like i'm in the school uniform, i just need my tie.

i grab my bag, phone, money, dignity, skateboard and PURE ANXIETY.... and leave to my sisters house.
well i say sister.
she was my best friend for 3 years before her mum adopted me. then bought me my own little house out of nothing but kindness. Zoe, my sister
and i, are meant to share it, but zoe just stays with her boyfriend and i'm fine with that. though. i never really understood love. like how? i mean, why? they could just hurt you whenever they want. i mean that's what i learnt from my birth mum loving me.

i skateboard my way to school, pretty damn late, may i add. i see hayden and hop off knowing the skateboard will hit the kirb and flip so i can catch it. i'm smart! or hopeful..

"you're late dickweed" hayden scoffs taking one last puff from his cigarette.

"shut up and follow the plan asswipe"
i take the cigarette from him, take a puff and throw it to the floor.

"sorry, i didn't bring any, thought you were over your accidents" he laughs and i give him the look.

"just get on with the plan asshole."

i run towards the school. i know i'm late. but like hell am i getting a detention for it.

hayden calls me as i'm at the door

"ready?"

"yeah. what's the red button do?"

"fuck y-" as i obviously know what the red button does, i hang up. it annoys him. but hey hooooo what are best friends for?

i hear the signal as i see hayden's distracting the teacher by being an absolute genius. what better than pretending to be a pervert spying on school kids?

the teacher is standing by the window telling hayden to "leave immediately"

i slip into my seat and grab out my notebook to doodle, i know all of this already. you see, the equation for acceleration is change in velocity of the time. and then it's sorta the same for speed and wave speed yet, distance over time. yeah. i sorta like science.

i place in my earphones and start doodling away.

and this is the life i live..

"KAI!"
the teacher shouts.

"huh? what?" i reply, really not knowing what the hells going on.

"this is our new student. you're her buddy. now, angela, kai is my top student so he will be your tutor in science and maths too, kai, meet angela."

i look at the girl standing infront of me...
fucking hell.