13 : kai

here we go.
i stand nervously infront of our family and friends, noticing angies grandmother smiling and waving at me.
i smile back and walk from my position to hug her, walking quickly back as i hear the music start.
"you ready soon to be mr emerson?"
"of fucking course, give me my girl." i say, not really being ready. i feel like i'm going to cry, or worse, pass out. i've been waiting for this since the 25th of may and it's finally happening.
i spot the doors opening and my eyes widen
"SUPPOP SORRY UM, KAI CAN I BORROW YOU? NOW!" zoe shouts across the hall. i sprint across the hall, thinking something's wrong with angie.
"so, uh. your mums here."
"i know, she's with angie?"
"NO! i mean.."
"what? how?"
"i don't know.. she's demanding to come in, i know you don't-"
"let me sort this."
i open the doors slightly and peak my head through.
"minor difficulties, be right back!"
they all chuckle and i smile.
i walk to the outside doors and see her there. how dare she.
"there she is!"
"he. barbra. he."
"i'm your mother, why do you use my name?"
"you're not my mum, you gave birth to me. laura is my mother."
"no- SHES NOT!"
"SHE ACCEPTED ME! TOOK ME IN WHEN YOU WOULDNT EVEN LISTEN! SHE LOVED AND CARED FOR ME WHILE YOU WERE SELLING YOURSELF AND GETTING HIGH ON COCAINE EVERY DAY! EVEN WHEN I TRIED TO KILL MYSELF ALL YOU DID WAS LAUGH AT ME! EVEN WHEN DAD LEFT."
"em-"
"don't use that fucking name. i'm not that girl anymore. i'm a man, a happy one.. i don't want you here right now.. if you really cared? you would have accepted me from day one, loved me instead of trying to give me up. just leave.. please.."
"but.."
"no. if you really want me back, you can try again when i'm not getting married to the love of my life, A GIRL, by the way, one that wants a life with me and loves me."
i walk away leaving her speechless.
i hate shouting, she is my mum.. but she never acted like it. she doesn't deserve to be here.
i walk back through the doors giving zoe a thumbs up.
i jog back to my position infront of the alter and smile.
the music start to play again and the doors creak open, and i see her.
holy fuck.