7 : kai

she grips the tie i have to wear for tonight and tightens it around my neck "babe, you're not meant to choke me...yet" i smirk
"don't start this, not now. we haven't got time baby, zip me up?" she turns her back to me and i grab the temperamental zip and pull it up, moving her hair to one side and placing a soft kiss on her neck. she giggles and turns to wrap her arms around my neck.
"i love you kai, you know that right?"
"i love you too, i know, you prove it everyday." she kisses me and i smile against her lips. we push our foreheads together and giggle at eachother, just like those cringey movies.
she starts to walk away but i pull her arm back and i hug her again, her hugs are so soft, so warm.
"baby come on, we have to go"

***
after dinner, we all move to the family room. angie met everyone, and everyone really seems to like her. she's fitting in really well..
"HELLO FAMILY AND SOON TO BE FAMILY." my mum opens up with a speech... every.. fucking.. time.
"we are here today... to celebrate.. first of all, the arrival of new family. angela, welcome to the phipps family. and second of all...." everyone stands up, including angie, and i start to panic... what the fuck is going on?

"angie, you give it to him." zoe pleads.
i look at them both in utter confusion.
"baby... here's something we all know you've wanted for a long time, and it's honestly an honour to even be giving this to you. i love you so much.. and i am proud of you. every fuc- damn day.
so to my boyfriend. happy first day of testosterone." she hands me a box with loads of writing, but one word, one single word in bold.
testosterone.
you're kidding me?
i feel everything around me fade to black.

"babyboy, wake up, please?" i hear angie panicking, and my family asking if i'm okay. i open my eyes and lift myself up.
"huh? what the fuck happened" i see my mum give me stern look.
"sorry mum" she smacks my head and laughs.
"you fainted, are you okay kai?" i hear lewis, zoe's boyfriend ask.
"i'm fine, her strong boy, give a hand?" i push my hand out and lewis grabs it helping me up.
"so.. this is really it?" i hold the box firmly. starting at what is gonna start my future.
"yes, i know you've wanted it for a long time, and now you're 18, we thought it would be good-"
angie interrupts
"ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY?!"
"oh fuck" everyone says in unison.
"no...." i know i'm going red but everyone knows i hate my birthday.
"it's his birthday tomorrow.!!!!"
"GOD DAMN IT MEGAN SHUT UP YOU KNOW HE HATES HIS BIRTHDAY!" i hear mum shout.
i've always hated my birthday. i came out to my biological mother in my birthday and she kicked me out. pleading she was only doing it because she could t stand to see her daughter become a boy.
"are you kidding? you didn't think to tell your girlfriend?" she crosses her arms and i smile
"you're cute when you're mad"
"we'll go and leave you to it" zoe says and everyone follows her out of the room.
"baby, why don't you like your birthday?"
"i came out to my biological mum, and she kicked me out, on my birthday.."
i feel a tear struck under my eye. i know i should hate her, but i honestly sometimes miss her. she was a bitch, but she was my mum.
"this birthday is the birthday you start loving it again okay? im so sorry baby. i love you"
"i love you too." i love towards her and hold her hips
"baby we can't kiss here-"
"shut up." i kiss her and pull her closer. she pushes her lips harder against mine and i smile against her lips again.
finally.. my life's going to plan.