6 : kai

today is the day after yesterday and yesterday was fucking perfect. for a lot of reasons...
i feel like today is a good day. i woke up next to my girlfriend and we talked most of the night. those nights are the nights i live for. i grab my jacket and a zip up hoodie of mine for angie incase it gets cold.
"baby? are you ready? did you grab your revision?" i ask as angie slides the straps of her backpack on her shoulders
"yes babe, let's go, did you grab lunch?" she kisses my cheek and grabs her car keys
"i thought we could get lunch on our free period, a little date" i smile and blush a little
"you always think ahead handso-"
"KAIRO PAGE!" my mum smashes through the door, i mean my adoption mother. it's easy to get confused.
"WHY DIDNT YOU TELL YOUR MOTHER YOU HAD A GIRLFRIEND?!"
"oh fuck, shit sorry- FUCK- uhm" i stutter and my mum and angie both laugh
"hello dear, i'm kai's mother, the one that adopted him, it's very nice to meet you" she smiles and hugs angie
"it's very nice to meet you too, im angie, your sons girlfriend, obviously" she looks down in embarrassment and i grab her hand, it still calms her down.
"mum shit i'm sorry, i guess i was so caught up..." she slaps the back of my head and hugs me
"you both are to come to the family dinner tomorrow night! dress nice, formal, and be nice, your sisters are coming"
she smiles again and kisses my forehead.
"angie may i talk to you?" my mum pulls angie to the side and they talk about a few things before angie comes back and kisses me gently.
"i'll be off now, look after eachother!"
she leaves out the door, thankfully not moaning at me for the state of the house.
me and angie look at eachother, at the door, then at eachother again. we giggle and leave the house as angie hands me the keys
"you drive today baby" she smiles with trust
"hold up. you're letting me drive adam?" my eyes widen with disbelief but also sarcasm.
"shut up loser, get in and drive"

***

"so kai! did you hear about the family dinner?" zoe slides up next to me as i close my locker.
"yeah, mum came by this morning" i hug her tightly.
"i've missed this you kai.. it's nice to see you happy, and healthy again."
she smiles and tightens the hug more when i feel my shoulder get a little damp so i pull away
"hey.. hey, zoe don't cry. okay? i'm happy now. you're happy. everything's going how it should. and remember what we said since we were only best friends? we were gonna grow up together old and grey. with the people of our dreams. we have those. we're okay now." she smiles and wipes her eyes
"i'm the girl of your dreams eh?" angie steps in and hugs zoe and they laugh at eachother. i love seeing my family get along with my girlfriend so well. it's kinda relieving you know? if they didn't get along t wouldn't go down so well.
"shut up dork" i kiss her cheek and she holds onto my arm
"oh kai, mum spoke to me about something... uh... so... when do you think you want to start testosterone?"
i feel my heart stop. my breathing gets heavy and i start to get hot.
"wh-what?" i stutter to my disbelief
"mum wants you to start T kai, we can get it for you." zoe reassures me.
"baby oh my god this is amazing, start now! start as soon as possible!" angie hugs me and smiles
"as soon as possible then, i guess" i start to cry at the thought of finally becoming me. i can actually start testosterone and have a deep voice, more muscle, i can actually.. wow.
"that's what i thought." zoe nudges me and the school bell goes off.
"i've got music" i say quietly
"i've got geography" angie answers.
"i've got geography too" zoe replies with a smile "i'll walk with you, sis"
angie smiles at the statement zoe makes and i kiss her lightly before walking off to the performance room.
today is performance day and i play guitar and sing. i wrote a song awhile ago and my teacher wants me to perform it today. angie doesn't know but i changed the lyrics to make it about her, and now i'm confident to sing it. well, not really, i suck at singing, but if i want this A i have to.
"hey! nice to see you kai!" jacob stands up from his chair and hugs me
"hey! jacob, it's been awhile, where did you go dude?" i ask him as we sit down and the rest of the class chat away waiting for our teacher to turn up
"well, i went to scotland for a bit, meeting iris, and now i'm back" he smiles
"awww! let's see a picture!" i smile back and he pulls out his phone and clicks a few buttons before showing me a picture of him and his boyfriend kissing. i was one of the first people in my year to come out as anything. after a few weeks jacob came out as bisexual. he has a boyfriend over the internet and they waited to meet for a long ass time till last month apparently.
"that's so cute! are you performing today?" i ask
"oh no, you're the only one today, sir said you're performance is special, for some reason." he replies and as he says those words the teacher comes in and hands me the guitar
"get up there young man" the teacher pays my back lightly and i take a deep breath before sitting on a chair and readjusting the microphone stand.

------
hey!! i'm sorry a lot of this was dialogue. the next one will be better!