10 : angie

"laura please, let me go!" i scream as i see the flashing lights come to the front of the house.
"sweetie he wouldn't want you to see... please don't make this hard..." i look at her for a second and realise she's in tears.. this is her son, adopted or not, that must mean more.. she brought him in because she loves him and she needed to know he was safe.. and now.. he's.. fuck.
"laura im.. so sorry.. he's your son.."
"oh darling don't worry, he's been in car crashes, suicide attempts.. he'll make it, i know he will." she seemed confident in her statement, and i started to believe her.
"MUM! ANGIE?!"
"we're back here zoe" i say slowly
"he's going to the hospital, hayden made a run for it. have you got your car close ang?"
"uh.. no.. but i've got kais anniversary present."
"huh?"
"i'm good at keeping stuff to myself, i don't like getting other people involved" i smile at her and they both seem so confused
"i got him his dream car, my uncle helped out."
"are you kidding?" zoe's jaw drops in what must be disbelief
"well i hope you got the right colour...." hayden walks in with his hands behind his back.
"what the fuck are you doing here." we all say in unison, pissed.
"his blood type is O+ a rare type.. they may not have it at the hospital... his favourite car is a ford mustang, and he always wanted it in midnight blue.. did you get it in midnight blue..?" he seems slow. like he had been crying and running.
"i did, why would he want your blood."
i stand and cross my arms as to say 'you fucked with him, you're fucking with me.'
"because it's rare angie, they never have enough."
"and? what if they do?" zoe steps in with the very same look on her face that i have.
"then i'll leave. i wont come back... laura, im so."
"don't apologise to me you coward, apologise to his fucking fiancé." he turns to me and looks sorta scared, i guess he could be sorry.. but he hurt kai..
"angie.. im sorry.. i'll go." hayden starts to walk out and i see laura packing her hand bag full of kais favourite book, candy, and his favourite hoodie..
"fuck.. hayden. you're coming. only incase they don't have the blood. on two fucking conditions" zoe and laura look at me in surprise
"you apologise to him, and you leave, straight after."
"yes, yes of course." he looks down in shame.
i slip my hand into my back pocket and pull out the car keys of kais new car, i was meant to wake him up with these..
please be okay baby..

*hospital*

the car ride was the most awkward thing i've ever done.
we all walk in and i realise only now that hayden has blood all over his hoodie.
"jesus hayden.." i pull the hoodie off of him and keep it wrapped up.
"th-thanks.."
we stand awkwardly next to eachother and i know for a fact he knows i'd rather be killing him slowly.

"mrs page?" thats kais last-
wow, fucking dork.
"that's me- to be" i roll my eyes just knowing he did that on purpose.
"this way. he just got out of surgery."
fucking surgery? jesus christ hayden you ass.
the nurse leads me into a room and tells me my "husband" has been asking for me since he got here.
it's kinda cute actually, dumb dork. the nurse leaves and i feel a lot better, being able to say anything i want.
"mrs page? is that you?" he looks at the doorway and smiles with that dorky little face
"oh so i'm taking your name?" i smirk and giggle.. i hate seeing him like this, but i love seeing him smile.
"omg princess" he goes to get up but it leads to him then groaning in pain
"babe! don't fucking move!! dipshit!"
i run over to him and panic strikes across my face then...he starts to laugh
"it doesn't hurt, i was joking, come here babygirl"
he scoots over and pats a spot next to him in his bed. i refuse at first, knowing it could cause him pain but, i really missed the heat of his body, and before we got into the hospital it started raining really hard so i'm cold and damp.
"are you okay baby..?"
i look at him with my eyes filling with water. well, tears.
"princess don't cry. i'm okay. where is he anyway.."
"in reception, incase you needed blood"
"smart, why else" he looks at the door again.
"to apologise to you."
"he doesn't need to, i kept my promise. that's all that matters."
"okay mr, well i hope you're happy, no fuck for awhile now"
"oh shut up" he says pulling my head to his chest.
i look towards to heart monitor and i feel the heart beats at the spikes prod up.. it's satisfying..
i slowly drift to sleep before a loud crash of thunder and lighting strikes
"AH" i scream and kai tenses
"BABY HELP STORM"
he says nothing but he holds one hands and moves my head back to his chest, and places his other hand to my ear, making all the sounds muffled.
i still flinch at every clash, but everytime i do, he pulls me closer, and closer.
when the storm ends, he looks at me with tired eyes
"baby you should sleep..." i whisper still afraid of more thunder coming.
"not until i know you're safe." he whispers back kissing my forehead and tracing circles along my back, knowing it calms me. i do love him. i really do.
with that, i drift off to sleep again, the bleeping of the heart monitor becoming quieter and quieter.

happy three months princess. message me counting down from 3 to 1 when you've finished reading this. no questions.