9 : angie

he's mine, forever.
and he wanted this? he just basically asked me to be his forever.
this is fucking crazy.. we're young, we're inlove, for a fact. i've noticed the way he looks at me when i'm "not" looking. i've never seen it before.
"hey baby, what you thinking about?" he squeezes my hand at the slightest to get my attention and i snap out of thought
"your eyes" i say with a shy smile
"why my eyes princess?" he giggles
"are you inlove with me?"
"i just- ang, come on." he turns to me and holds my shoulders with a stern-ish look. i know he's being serious when he does this.. "it's been six months, the best six months of my life. for granted, my life's been shitty. but i wouldn't want the rest of my life without you being mine, forever." he has a tear in his eye..
"you actually mean this... i'm sorry i'm just, im not used to this kai." i day also shedding a tear.. i love him.
"hey, neither am i, but we can do this together."
his phone starts to ring and i grab it from his pocket and answer, anyone that calls him is used to me answering from time to time by now.
"KAI GET HERE NOW. HAYDENS PISSED."
"woah woah zoe what's wrong?"
"hayden's threatening to kill kai. he's so fucking mad, he's like waiting outside and we can't get him to leave, we don't want to call the police cause come on, it's hayden."
"baby... hayden's gone code red" i say slowly. we have codes. when someone wants us to come out with them its code blue, code green is weed, duh. code yellow is "i'm sick" and code red is "trying to kill us" kai presses the loud speaker button.
"fuck. zoe. we're just down the road. as soon as we get there angie you get inside. zoe make sure she does." he hangs up and takes his phone from my hands and puts it in his pocket.
"uh. nah. we spoke about this kai, we fight together."
"not this time." he says seriously.
"but.."
"baby, i'll be fine. if i get hurt you can kick my ass too, okay?"
"why does this shit happen to us..."
"good step bad step, next is good step."
"i love you"
he doesn't say it back, but he kisses me. i know he loves me.

-the house-

we walk just close enough that i can get through to the back and i meet zoe there. she pulls me into a warm hug and her boyfriend does the same. kai's taller than me, but lewis is a fucking giant. i start to feel the tears build up in my eyes
"hey angie, don't worry. hayden's strong, but kais stronger. not in strength, but he has someone to fight for." zoe pleads and keeps me close
"hey sweetie, here's some water, and here's a cigarette, even if you don't smoke, you look like you need it." kais mum comes towards me slowly, probably knowing i'm sensitive right now. you know, we just got engaged. why the fuck does hayden do this. him and kai have been off for weeks, because hayden kept begging for him to do jobs, he said he was done but hayden wouldn't listen.
"zoe, go keep an eye out of the window." i pull the cigarette up to my lips and kais mum hands me a lighter.
"miss phipps i'm really sorry but this is shit engagement party" i laugh and dip my head into her shoulder. i've honestly never been so close to someone's parents. with miss phipps it's always hugging and just laughing and with the rest of the family they're so friendly. when i over hear them talking about me, it's never bad. but i guess i'm not always here.
"oh hunny, call me laura, fuck that posh shit." she says with a laugh.
"are you sure?" i ask with a smile.
"of cour-" she was interrupted by a loud scream then zoe shouting.
"MUM KEEP ANGIE IN THERE. WE'RE CALLING THE AMBULANCE. FUCK KAI KEEP BREATHING."
what...
why would he stop...

KAI!