fifteen - every word

"oh gosh, of course ma'am."

i woke up to the constant sound of beeping. i felt a little woozy, alongside confused, i heard the familiar sound of a women's voice, but my eyes were too heavy to open.

"i'm going to run over to the front and get you her medications." the sound of squeaking running shoes make contact with the floor, and that's when i remembered what happened.

my body was aching terribly, i wanted to move my bones to make them aware that i was awake, but i couldn't.

"what the hell happened?"

ethan's deep voice enters the room, a tint of panic when he asks which somehow relieves me.

"allie was in a car accident, she's been passed out since it happened." amelia replies back, being the familiar women's voice i heard.

i hear ethan sigh, and begin to ask an overload of questions. will i be okay? when will i wake
up? when did it happen?

all the questions he was asking, were running through my mind as well.

"ma'am would you please come with me?" the doctors asks amelia. amelia i suppose, steps out of the room leaving just ethan to watch me. the moment i heard the door shut, a hand grasps onto mine.

"allie what the fuck is wrong with you? why would you do this?" ethan asks shakily.

the feeling of his hand on mine, made my heart beat quicker. i then tried to wiggle around my fingers, in hopes he'd feel it and see that i'm awake.

"allie?" ethan asks in shock. "allie can you hear me?"

i manage to wiggle my pointer finger around which makes him race out the room and call for a doctor. the doctor comes racing in, and i'm not sure what they did, but my eyes flew open.

"allie, thank goodness you're awake!" amelia breathes, leaning her head onto ethan's broad shoulder.

ethan shakes her away, rushing to my side. "what happened allie?"

"now now, i wouldn't go crazy on the questions." the doctor warns him. "allie what is your full name?"

"alison camillo."

"and when is your birthday?" the doctor asks.

"june 2nd, 1994."

"and what is the date today?"

"february 12th, 2018." i respond.

"good." she sighs, shutting my file.

"oh my gosh, my car insurance." i groan, burying my face into my hands.

"hey," ethan says, placing his hand on my leg. "don't worry about it. i got it."

"no, ethan." i glare at him.

"yes, allie." he glares back.

"i think in a few hours, you will be set to go home." the doctor says, checking all the liquids in my tubes.

"where's my mom?" i ask.

"at home." ethan responds. "you're staying with amelia and i until the trip."

i wiggle my eyebrows. "what?"

"we would love to have you stay with us allie. especially at a time like this, you'll be feeling all better before the trip and in the meantime, ethan and i will be able to take care of you." amelia responds.

"oh no, it's honestly fine. i was gonna go stay at my moms." i respond.

"you're staying in my apartment." ethan concludes, ending the back and forth conversation which was going to arise.

a few hours later, it was time for me to eat. i wasn't a fan of hospital food, i remember back in seventh grade i got ear tubes in to help improve my hearing, and i had to stay in the hospital for a few hours which meant i had to eat their food, and it was terrible.

i was feeling a little tired, and i haven't seen ethan for about forty minutes. but amelia stayed in my room with me, reading a pamphlet about pregnancy and babies, which i'm sure she wanted with ethan. because who wouldn't want ethan dolan's babies?

"you can take a nap. ethan probably won't be back for a while." she says, flipping to the next page.

"where did he go?" i ask.

"to get you food." she replies back.

"from downstairs?" i ask.

"from in-n-out." she says, setting the pamphlet aside as she begins to look through others.

a small smile takes place on my lips as i see that ethan knows me too well. i decide to ask, even though it hurt. "are you guys trying?"

amelia turns around, and wiggles her eyebrows before understanding what i asked. "oh no, i mean, i want children, but ethan wants to wait until we're married and settled down and all that."

i nod, yawning once again. i let myself get as comfortable as the hospital bed would let me. i rest my eyes shut, and listen to everything happening outside the shut door. it seemed to be just thirty minutes after i shut my eyes, that amelia began whispering my name.

"allie, are you sleeping? allie?"

i was awake, but way too tired to move or respond, i just lay there peacefully, as if i was actually sleeping.

"you know it sucks." she continues. confusion runs through my mind as she raises her a voice a little.

"that nothing too serious happened to you." she states.

my insides turned and i was confused at her words.

"i wasn't the one inside the restaurant with ethan. that was his co-worker. i was spying, as were you, thinking it was me didn't you?" she chuckles.

i wanted to open my eyes so she knew i wasn't actually sleeping, but i wanted to know what she was going to say.

"ethan loves me. and it's funny how you think that you're going to get in the middle of that. i'm the one who hit you, i'm the one that crashed into you, hoping you'd end up in here and miss the trip, but no." she sighs.

every word she said, made my skin crawl. i thought amelia was the sweetest person i'd ever met.

her heels make contact with the ground, as she comes close towards me. "i'm just warning you now, stay the fuck away from ethan because next time, you won't end up in the hospital, you'll end up in a grave."

the door swings open, making me jump up and amelia's face turn white. ethan walks through the door with a bag of fast food and wiggles his eyebrows. "what's going on?"

"nothing baby." amelia chuckles, "i was just fluffing allie's pillow for her."

i bit my tongue, my eyes looking straight into hers. she bats her eyelashes before walking up to ethan and pressing her lips to his. he pulls away, coming towards me. "how are you feeling?"

"i'm okay." i smile.

"here, i got you a burger and fries with cheese but no meat, and a strawberry milkshake." he says.

"thank you." i sigh. ethan smiles, and then quickly shakes his head.

"shoot, i forgot forks, i'll be right back." he rushes out the door, leaving amelia and i alone once again.

"you heard everything i said?" she raises an eyebrow.

"every word." i smirk, taking a sip of my milkshake through the straw.