nineteen - not anymore

please read to the very end because there is an authors note •

"so, how's living with ethan?" josie asks.

josie had offered to take me out shopping to buy a few outfits for our trip to jamaica since it was coming up faster than i was expecting, while grayson and ethan did the same at other stores.

"it's...fine." i reply, looking at some yellow crop tops.

"how's the sex?" she asks, raising an eyebrow.

i roll my eyes, but couldn't control the smile forming on my face. "josie!"

"oh don't lie to me. i'm not stupid!" she chuckles. "is it just as good as it was in high school?"

i bit my lip and nodded. "crazy, right?"

she laughed at my expression and bumped my shoulder. "now you just gotta kick amelia to the curb."

"that's not my job." i sigh, holding up a strapless red dress that went to my mid thigh.

"fine then, i will." josie shrugs.

"obviously ethan has some sort of feelings for her, or he would've left her already. don't you think?" i ask.

josie chuckles. "or maybe, he likes seeing you get jealous."

"i don't get jealous." i choke.

"really?" josie asks. "not even a little."

"i feel like all i've been talking about has been ethan for the past two weeks. can we change subjects for five minutes?" i ask tiredly.

josie raises her hands up in surrender and apologizes. "yeah. sorry."

my phone alerts me that i have a text message and it's from ethan, i shake my head realizing no matter where i go or what i do and say, he's just always around.

grayson and i are on our way to the mall,
where are u?

i quickly look up at our location, and text him back.

we're walking towards the food court

k

what's that "k" for?

because

?

i wiggle my eyebrows at ethan's messages. he's usually never this dry or rude to me, and it worried me. did he hear or do something?

josie and i took a seat after we ordered our food which was a huge plate of different kinds of sushi. she was texting her daughters babysitter while i played helix jump on my phone to waste time.

"hey baby." i look up to see grayson planting a kiss on josie's forehead as she scoots over to give him room. i look around for ethan but he wasn't there.

"where's your twin?" josie asks before i can.

"i think he's outside smoking." grayson shrugs.

"i'll be right back." i sigh, getting up from my seat to join him. as i walk out and see him inhaling the cigarette, i also see him on the phone, and as i walk closer i hear him.

"yeah. okay. love you too." he says before shoving his phone back into his pocket.

i cough to let him know i was there, and he rolled his eyes before taking another puff of the smoke.

"what's wrong?" i ask.

"nothing." he spits back coldly.

"i don't know why you have to act this way. why don't you just tell me what's bothering you. i know there's something." i say, crossing my arms over my chest.

"allie, just leave me alone." he says angrily, tossing his cigarette onto the road.

"no. talk to me! we were fine this morning." i complain.

"yeah, until flowers showed up at my door step!" he chuckled. "jack wants to get to know you better." he says in almost a mocking like tone.

"that's not my fault. why're you mad at me?" i ask.

"i'm not mad." he huffs, "but now i know who you were texting yesterday morning." he says, flashing me a sarcastic smile.

"you can't seriously be mad at me about this. you have a girlfriend." i point out.

"no. not anymore i don't." he says, walking past me.

"what're you talking about?" i ask. "what about amelia?"

"last night when you fell asleep i left. i broke up with her, allie. i told her i heard everything she said and that i love you. that i don't want anyone else but you. but i guess you're just toying around with me until you can have jack." ethan says, wailing his arms in the air out of frustration. "so congratulations. he's all yours."

"ethan! stop." i exclaim, grabbing his arm. "w-what're you talking about?"

"pack your shit and get the fuck out of my apartment. i don't need this shit in my life. i had you once and i lost you, and i don't ever think i'm gonna have you back." he says almost choking.

"i don't want jack!" i cry. "i want you ethan. you know that!"

ethan's eyes were stinging red and he was holding back a sob. "i'm not talking about this here. i'm going home."

i begged for him to stay, and i begged for him to let me go with him but he said he needed air. i ran my fingers through my hair and just wondered what the fuck i was gonna do next. what i was gonna do to prove to ethan that i was telling the truth.
until it came to me.

_______

it would mean the WORLD to me if you guys went and checked out my noah & elle story and added it to your libraries as the first chapter will be uploaded tomorrow. ( @noahxelle ) along with an update to this story!! thanks guys xoxo, if i see that a lot of you guys show that book some love, you might even get a double update on this book :)

 ( @noahxelle ) along with an update to this story!! thanks guys xoxo, if i see that a lot of you guys show that book some love, you might even get a double update on this book :)