24

.=.=.=.=

=

.=.=.=.=

Venus eyed off the Leeg sisters as they sat behind Peeta with large guns in hand, watching him closely. Her fingers were threaded though Finnick's, trying to keep herself in the right state of mind as she looked over the Baker's Son.

'They want us to add him to the propo. Show that he's on our side now,' Boggs bellowed; 'We'll move forward a few blocks tomorrow and shoot the new footage.'

'He's not in control of himself,' Gale stated.

'I say we schedule an around-the-clock watch on him,' Jackson chimed; 'The Leegs till seventeen hundred, Homes and Mitchell till nineteen hundred.'

'I'll take a watch,' Venus called.

The woman looked at her for a second before nodding, 'Hereford, till twenty one hundred hours.'

'Me, too,' Scout added.

'Fresian, till twenty three hundred hours.'

'Give me a watch,' Katniss blurted.

'And if it really came down to it, you think you could shoot him?'

'I wouldn't be shooting Peeta. I'd be killing a Capitol mutt.'

'Watch it, Everdeen,' Venus spat.

'I'm not sure that kind of a comment recommends you for the job, either, soldier,' Jackson shook her head.

'Put her in the rotation,' Boggs muttered before walking away.

The Hereford girl watched him walk by them and outside, Katniss following after him quickly. She stood, wiping her hands off on her pants before she looked down at Finnick.

'I'm going on look out,' She murmured.

'We're safe here, Ve,' he replied.

'Just- Let me do this... Please.'

'Ok. I love you.'

'I love you, too.'

She pecked his lips before she ducked outside, climbing up to the roof of the collapsing building; carefully treading around. She squatted down, eyes scanning the street until they landed on Boggs and Katniss. The girl sighed, rolling her eyes before she looked away; looking back over the damaged buildings around her.

.=.=.=.=

Peeta had been quiet most of Venus' watch, the girl sitting with Finnick's head in her lap as he slept; her fingers raking through his hair.

'Why are you helping me? After what I did to you?' Peeta spoke up quiety.

Her eyes snapped to him with furrowed brows, 'I'll always help you.'