Chapter 35 - The Kiss

Abby

IAN pressed his lips firmly against mine and held me tight. Shock hit me at first, but it drained from my limbs like a dam had broken inside. I melted at his touch. In that moment, I was no longer my own.

I wrapped my arms around him, returning his affection with intensity. His body pressing into mine sent waves of electricity through me. I could hardly contain it, and I wasn't sure I wanted to.

Something in my heart dislodged and ignited, burning through me. It was both scary and exhilarating. It was a part of me that had never seen the light of day for fear of harm. A part I'd protected since I was very young. And yet with one kiss, he'd broken it free.

His arms loosened and our lips separated far sooner than I wanted. Though, ending the kiss at all was too soon for me.

He drew my head to his chest and stroked my hair. "You're breaking my heart." Genuine pain filled his words. His arms tightened around me. "I didn't mean to hurt you."

How could he think any of this was his fault? My God, what had I done to him?

I lifted my head from his chest to look into those beautiful, tortured eyes. "No, I'm the one who should be sorry. You didn't hurt me." I let a shy smile cross my lips. "I'm sorry I put you through that." I gave a nervous laugh. "I won't avoid you anymore. I promise." In the warmth of his arms, I was safe and whole, my heart finally in one piece again. "Besides, I couldn't keep that up much longer anyway." Somehow, I knew that was true, but it didn't matter anymore. Only one thing mattered now...

...I was his.

***Please vote for this chapter if you liked it!***