Happy Birthday, Gold!

Author's Note: This is not apart of the actual story, but since it has GoldxUmber fluff in it, I put it with the story. 

-----------

"Hey, hey, hey, Umber!" Gold waved frantically. He started running to the umber eyed girl, with his Quilava following close behind.

"Oh, its you." She replied, tone emotionless. 

"Yup, its me!" The gold eyed breeder said. "And you're a lucky girl considering you get to spend the day with me!"

"I can hardly contain my joy." Umber said sarcastically. "Why the hell do I have to spend the day with you though?"

"Because it's my birthday and I want to spend my birthday with you! I told you that last week..."

It was his birthday? The thought completely slipped her mind. 

"So whatcha get me?"

"Huh?"

"Whatcha get me for my birthday?" Gold repeated.

"A day to spend with me...?" Umber said, hoping that could count as a 'gift.'

"I thought of that! Now you gotta put your thought into a present!"

"...You're right. As a great friend, I should get you a present on this day, shouldn't I?" She said, faking a sweet smile. Gold nodded happily. "Well you just wait while I go get your present, kay?" 

"Fine, meet me in the National Park at 12." Gold said, walking to the park with his fire starter.

12 o'clock, which was in 3 hours. She and Dratini were just outside of Goldenrod City, and Gold's so called 'gift' was waiting near Blackthorn City. If she was going to get there and back within a day, she'd need some help.

~~~

After about an hour, the purple haired girl managed to make it to her destination. Where she was: Ice cave. She managed to get some guy's Pigeotto (who was willing to give it to anyone, just to get some mail to his friend) and she flew here, with an empty Pokeball in hand. Gold's gift was in this cave, and she knew exactly where.

~~~

She came back to Goldenrod and ran to the National Park. Umber only had 5 minutes left, and she didn't want Gold upset (not because she cares, only because it's annoying...well that's what she says anyways).

Gold was found casually sitting on a bench, watching his Pokemon run around playfully. Umber ran up to him, clearly out of breath. Both Dratini and Gold's present were sitting in their Poke balls.

"You're back and just on time!" Gold said, cheerfully. "Where's my present?"

Waiting until she had enough air in her lungs, Umber replied. "Just hold on." She pulled out the second Poke ball, and released the mystery Pokemon inside: a Delibird.

"You got me a Delibird?"

"No, Delibird has your present." Umber said, turning to Delibird. The delivery Pokemon shuffled around in its rolling up tail, looking for Gold's present. It pulled it out, holding out a little box, all wrapped up and everything. The boy took the wrapped up box, grinning from ear to ear.

Until it blew up in his face, literally.

Gold, now with a surprised look on his face, hair blown back, and his face blackened from the little explosion, just stood there with his eyes wide. Then he closed his eyes and chuckled a little.

"I should have known you really wouldn't get me something." He laughed.

"Duh, why would I get you something anyways?" Umber said, crossing her arms.

"But it is nice to know you spent you're time doing this." Gold smiled. It wasn't a cocky smile, or a stupid looking one, it was a sweet one. The sight of it made Umber's heart feel a slight spark,  but she quickly shrugged it off.

But it's true, the whole time she spent catching that Delibird, while she could have sat around doing nothing, or not even thinking of the trainer. Hell, she could have gone to Kanto if she wanted to, just to avoid him.

"Yeah, well, it is your birthday." She mumbled.

Gold laughed a little again. "Well its better than nothing!"

"Whatever...let's just go do whatever you wanted to do for the day." 

"Alright!" Gold returned his Pokemon, while Umber returned the Delibird. He grabbed her hand, taking off for Goldenrod.

"Where are we going?" Umber asked, startled by the sudden sprint to the city.

"To the Game Corner!"

The Rocket girl groaned, knowing she'd regret this, and probably end up with an emptied out wallet, in the end.