Chapter Eighteen: A Real Battle

Catie hesitantly walked forward, stepping in the center. The first guardian to walk up was Chen.

"Rules, fight to the best of your ability, whoever knocks out the opponent first wins the round, and this goes to every guardian, and Catie."

Chun Hei spoke walked back to the side. Chen smirked and put his hands up, getting ready to fight.

"Ready, Catie?"

Catie smiled, and put her hands up as well.

"Ready when you are."

Chen quickly shot lightning out of his hands towards Catie, trying to knock her out in one go. Catie surprised everyone when she shot lightning out as well, coming in contact with Chens bolt. The contact quickly pushed them both back, ending the lightning show.

Chen looked up at Catie who was smirking with wide eyes.

"Wait....what?! Did she...?"

Every guardian was silent, shocked about what had happened. Except for Tao, who was shouting like an idiot.

"WOOOO CATIE! YEAH!"

Catie got up, and gestured for Chen to do the same.

"Well, are we fighting or not?"

Chen stood up, and glared, raising his hands again.

"Hell yeah we are."

Chen took both his hands, and shot another bolt, bigger than before. Catie flew up quickly, and shot a bolt towards Chen straight to the chest, knocking him out of the fighting ground. Catie got back down, and smiled.

"Who am I fighting next?"

Every guardian backed up except Chanyeol, smiling.

"I'll take my chances."

He stepped up to the middle of the floor, and went into a fighting stance. Without warning Catie, he shot out a ball of fire, hitting her in the leg.

"Ow, fuck!"

Catie stood her ground, getting angry. She took in a deep breath, and exhaled a hoard of fire straight at Chanyeol, burning his throat and barely his face.

"Shit, is she even human!?"

Chanyeol yelled while walking back to the row.

Kai stepped up slowly, changing Caties expression completely.

"Kai...."

Kai shook his head, silencing her.

"Rules are rules, you may be my best friend, practically my sister, but I still have to fight you."

Kai got into a fighting stance, and so did Catie. Kai picked up his hand to snap his fingers, Catie watching his every move.

"Kai please, I don't-"

Kai put his arm down, and dropped to the floor with his head in his hands, crying.

"Kai?...."

Catie carefully walked over to him, confused.

"Catie....I can't fight you. For two reasons. One being you're my best friend, and two, because I'm in love with a human as well, for two years now! How could I fight you and Tao on that when I'm in the same situation!? It's not fair!"

Kai got up and hugged Catie, crying into her shoulder. Catie hugged him back, comforting him. Tao spoke up about Kai.

"I didn't even know he was guardian...Wait, Chun Hei! How did he stay with a human for 2 years, and not get in trouble, but we did!?"

Chun Hei strugged, speaking.

"I didn't know."

Tao became extremely angry, and attacked Chun Hei.

"YOU PUT MY CATIE THROUGH ALL THIS!? AND YOU'RE GOING TO ACT LIKE IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL THAT ANOTHER GUARDIAN WAS WITH ANOTHER HUMAN FOR TWO YEARS!?"

Tao punched Chun Hei in the eye, and started kicking her.

"YOU'RE A BITCH! HARLOT!"

Kris and Xiumin pulled Tao away from Chun Hei, leaving her on the ground in pain.

"I EVEN GAVE CATIE SOME OF MY POWER! THAT MADE ME ILL AND I STOOD IN PAIN FOR DAYS! BUT I DID JUST SO SHE COULD WIN!"

Xiumin looked at Tao confused.

"You can give a human power?"

Tao nodded while heavily breathing from anger.

"It hurts really bad though."

Kai held Caties hand while walking over to Tao.

"Is she knocked out cold?"

Tao nodded, smiling creepily.

"Good, grab Caties hand so I can teleport us out of here."

Tao quickly grabbed her hand, letting Kai take them back to his own place.

~~~~

"So I have to kill Chun Hei in order to eliminate the rule of forbidden love?"

Catie asked hesitantly, sitting on Taos lap. Kai nodded, rubbing his hair with a towel since he came out the shower. All he had on was a towel wrapped around his waist, and he was shirtless, flashing his abs and tan skin.

"Only a human can do it. And you're a human with powers! The only thing is, Chun Hei is the strongest guardian."

Kai spoke, flipping his hair like a dog. Catie laughed, making a joke.

"Apparently not since Tao beat her ass!"

They all laughed, realizing it was true.

"Catie, if you can fight her off, you'll break the rule, and become the new head guardian."

Tao spoke with enthusiasm, smiling.

"....Head guardian....? I don't know about that."

Kai sat next to them, shrugging.

"Believe it or not, it's just a title. You don't do anything."

Catie smiled, and nodded.

"Well if I get-"

Chun Hei appeared in Kais room, picking up Catie by the neck.

"Let's fight now then!"