Chapter Eleven: A Jealous Guardian?

It has been a month since Tao and Catie confessed to each other. The school year was coming to a near end, and Catie couldn't be happier. She was sitting with her best friend Kai in class, discussing different topics and exchanging laughs together. Tao was standing behind Catie, glaring at Kai. Obviously, Kai couldn't see Tao.

"What are you doing over the break Catie?"

Kai asked while tapping his fingers against the desk.

"I honestly don't have any plans. I would like to hangout with my best friend sometime during this break, and his girlfriend."

Kai laughed and put his hands underneath his chin, resting on top of them.

"I'm guessing I'm the best friend with the girlfriend?"

Catie sarcastically gasped.

"How did you know?!"

They both laughed with each other. Tao walked over behind Kai, getting ready to hurt him. Catie glared at Tao, and quickly drew three invisible circles on the palm of her hand.

'Tao, he's my best friend! If you hurt him, I'll hurt you, do you understand?'

Tao loudly sighed and stepped away from Kai. He picked up an empty chair, and threw it across the classroom out of anger, making it hit the backboard and break. Tao walked out of the classroom, leaving Catie and Kai. Catie sighed to herself, and Kai was very confused and scared, along with the rest of the class. Everyone was murmuring and questioning what the hell just happened.

"Catie, what do you think that was?"

Kai asked with a worried expression, holding Caties hand tight. Catie acted like she didn't know, and rubbed the top of Kais hand.

"I- I don't know.....I'm gonna go use the bathroom, okay?"

Kai nodded and squeezed her hand before she got up.

~~~~

'Tao, get over here next to me now!'

Catie was walking around in the empty hallways of her school, looking around for the childish guardian.

'Tao, I'm going to go back to Kai and hangout with him the whole day since you're angry at me.'

She was hoping that would work, and it did. Tao appeared in front of Catie, pinning her against the lockers. Tao leaned down in front of Caties face, practically growling with anger.

"Tao, why would you do that in my classroom?! You already know about Kai! He's been my best friend since I was a little girl! He's the one that comforted me when my mom got shot! He's the one who's family took me in when I had no place to go after that! Kai has a girlfriend named Sandra dammit! They have been dating for two years now! Do you really think anything is going to happen between me and-"

Tao cut off Catie by crashing his lips into hers. Catie kissed back then pullef back. She slapped Tao across the face hard, leaving a red print. Tao grunted and held his face.

"I'm talking to you! You're being immature with Kai! If you're going to do that with everyone of my friends that's a guy, then.....just get away from me."

Catie pushed away Tao and started walking down the emty hallway. Tao punched the locker, leaving a huge dent.

"I already know where you're going Catie! I'll keep appearing next to you!"

Catie turned around and smiled.

"Then I guess you'll be appearing next to Kai as well."

She turned on her heal, and kept heading down the hallway back to class.