Chapter Four: Everywhere I Go

Catie POV:

~~~

'I keep thinking about that strange man that approached me the other day. Everywhere I go, everything I do, I always see him. Who is he? He can't seriously be a guardian.'

"Catie? Catie are you alright?"

She looked up to see her friend Kai, laughing from her dazing into another world.

"Oh yeah, I'm fine."

Kai pulled up a chair to her desk, sitting down. She started a conversation to interrupt the little silence.

"So how are you and Sandra doing? Your first year anniversary is coming up!"

She nudge him with her elbow, making him laugh once again.

"Things are going well. I'm planning something special for our anniversary."

"Ooooo, do tell!"

"Well, first I want to take her to the park to act like we're kids again. Then, I'm taking her to the fanciest restaurant here in town. I already reserved a table for us. And the final thing after that, we are going to my house and watching movies all night until we fall asleep."

Kai smiled just thinking about how perfect it will turn out. Catie smacked his arm and joked around with him.

"No funny business, Kai!"

He rubbed his arm in pain, pouting at Catie.

"That hurt you know!"

"You're such a baby."

The teacher walked in, heading straight for his desk.

"Everyone, get to your desk and pull out your textbooks."

Kai put his chair back to his desk, leaving Catie to her own desk.

'Today is going to be boring.'

~~~~~~

Catie walked out of the school building, walking down the sidewalk. As she past a tree, Tao pulled her from behind the tree. She almost screamed again, but stopped once she realized it was him.

"What do you want?"

"To walk you home, I am your guardian after all."

"Yeah, for time. You're not even a guardian."

Tao sighed and brushed his hand through his hair.

"How can I prove it."

Catie thought, then smiled.

"Make time freeze."

Tao chuckled and snapped his fingers, making everyone freeze but themselves. Caties eyes went wide once she saw no one was moving but her and Tao. Tao laughed to himself.

"Believe me now?"

Catie scoffed then looked away.

"You can take me home. But, unfreeze time!"

Tao snapped his fingers, and everyone went back to normal.

"Catie, hold my hand."

"W-why?"

As she gave him his hand, he snapped his fingers once again, and they popped into her room.

"How'd you do that?! You're a guardian of time!"

"Guardians can also learn other groups of powers. I was born knowing time, but I took other classes for teleportation, and telekinesis."

Catie sighed and collapsed on her bed, closing her eyes. Tao questioned Catie with his arms crossed.

"What are you doing?"

"Taking a nap."

Tao walked over to Catie and pushed her off the bed.

"Ow!"

"I'm your time guardian, teaching you about the great use of time. I will go to any extent to teach you that lesson."

Catie stared into Tao's eyes, Tao did the same.

"Trying to stare me down, won't help you take a nap."

Catie scoffed and threw a pillow at Tao. He laughed and threw it back.

"That won't help either, Catie."