Chapter Eight

Peeta POV
Today is our one year anniversary of us being together. I planned a special day for our anniversary. Tonight I'm going to ask her to marry me we're each other's missing piece. Katniss's my "girl on fire" Katniss doesn't need Gale's fire full of rage and hatred. Katniss has enough fire of her own. What Katniss needs new is her "Dandelion in the spring", the bright yellow one that means rebirth. I know now her Dandelion's always been me, Katniss always needed me to survive.

Katniss can't live without me.

We're walking our fingers laced together to the meadow for a picnic the meadow for our setting along with fairy lights, soft relaxing music and her favorite meal Lamb Stew & cheese buns. I'd made mousse pie for dessert. I have always planned &, decided to use the pearl as the setting, since I gave the pearl to Katniss, when we were on the beach in, The Quarter Quell all of those years ago. Katniss told me that she has always had the pearl with, her it was the only thing she'd left of, me since Snow'd taken me from her in, The Quarter Quell when she's in district 13 & today, in her engagement ring,it's been with her since that day it'll always will be, forever.  Her ring's been placed in front of the crust  I covered it with more mousse filling to hide it.

Katniss loved it, everything was perfect even better Katniss's reaction finding the ring it was absolutely priceless. She loved my proposal it was short & sweet. I get down on one knee & I propose.

Peeta's Proposal Speech
Katniss I have loved you since we were five. I was over the moon when you told me that you're love for me was never an act & you have loved me since You were five also we've had our ups & downs we will have some in the future it's what keeps a marriage strong and growing. Katniss Seraphina Everdeen will you do me the greatest honor to be my wife?

I love you baby, I always have & I always will.

Katniss Will you marry me?

"Yesss"!!!!  Katniss says, happy & excited
I'm smiling & I put the ring on her finger

I only want you Peeta forever! "Always"

We dance to the music playing and kiss passionately only pulling away for air. We look in each other's eyes and saying I love you. We kiss once more & watch the sunset our fingers laced together wrapped in each other's warm embrace.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter
Thank you for reading love all of you.

Lots of love
Tracy

I had  some other thoughts to add to make it better. I hope you enjoyed it.