Chapter Twenty Seven

I'm not writing the series of deaths in The Quarter Quell now Alexis & Drake repeat Peeta & Katniss The 74th Games

Peeta POV
The Quarter Quell went fast the tributes from from 3,4,6,7 & the girl from 5 they died in the bloodbath at the cornucopia. some died from being killed by another tribute including Alexis & Drake the pain and remorse hidden in their poker face could be seen if one looked close

. The other 12 tributes died from either infection, starvation, dehydration, or mutts. The failed strategy chosen by
the careers is what killed them now it's Alexis & Drake. The same happened to Katniss & myself in The 74th Games. It's deja' vu for Katniss & myself, we are on edge, we lived this together ourselves.

Drake has a knife to his throat, he chose to kill himself so Alexis can win & to be crowned Victor. Alexis has a dagger to chest, different from how we won our first games with the Nightlock berries.

The game makers didn't stop them like they did with Katniss & myself. We see the self inflicted wounds they're deep enough & lower their heartbeat to be convincing, the game makers announce their deaths as the cannons go off.

Once they're in the hovercraft Alexis and Drake regain consciousness the game makers finally come to realization that they unwittingly fell into the trap
of 2 15 year olds from District Twelve.

The  interview of how they both became as Victors, started the way Katniss and I thought it would with Cesar saying this has not happened in The 74th Hunger Games over ten years ago with Peeta & Katniss Mellark but at the time she's then Katniss Everdeen. He asks the same questions he asked Katniss and myself all those years ago.

Everyone is happy to be done with it all  breath a sigh of relief. Everyone's eating their last capital dinner before leaving for District Four before returning to 12. Katniss, myself, Charlie and Willow all happily congratulate Alexis and Drake.

Charlie and Willow have become good friends with Alexis and Drake Katniss & I spoke to their parents we too have all become good friends also and they allowed their kids to stay with us while we're in Four. The kids're ecstatic when we told them. We head to our room to sleep before our trip to District Four.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter thanks for reading and your patience

Lots of love
Tracy xxx