Chapter eleven

"Come on, Ross, take a shot," Brendon tells Ryan over the loud music of the random party about 35 miles away from the cabin.

"What-... how?"

"Have you never taken a shot?!" Brendon asks in shock.

"I've never been to a party, gotten drunk, or done drugs, you really think I've taken a shot?!" Ryan yells so Brendon can hear him. 

"It's like taking medicine when you were younger," Brendon hands Ryan a shot, "I believe in you, Ross." 

Ryan takes it and Brendon grabs another, holding it up to show him how to do it. He tilts his head back, swallowing down the alcohol with ease. His hand curls around Ryan's waist as Ryan copies him, cringing slightly as it burns his throat.

"There you go! That was great!" Brendon says, smiling.

They take another, then another, then more and more shots until they both are drunk. 

"Are you... sure that this is a good idea?" Ryan mumbles. 

"We don't have anything to do tomorrow, so yes," Brendon assures him. Ryan grabs a drink, expecting it to be light, but doesn't quite realize until half way finishing the glass that it's really strong.

"You sure you've never gotten drunk?" Brendon asks, smirking. His top button of his white shirt is unbuttoned, his sleeves are rolled up, and he has dark skinny jeans. Ryan's wearing the exact same thing. It wasn't on purpose, but they both pull it off. Ryan sleeves aren't up, though, for obvious reasons that are unknown to Brendon.

A girl walks up to the two, and Brendon quickly realizes that she's trying to get with Ryan. Brendon tries to sneak away, noticing how awkward Ryan looks.

"God, he doesn't know what he's doing, huh?" Brendon mumbles, chugging the rest of his drink. When he finishes and looks back, the girl slaps Ryan and stomps off. Brendon walks up to him again.

"She slapped me." Ryan pouts, rubbing his hand on his cheek.

"What went wrong?" 

"I didn't wanna hook up with her, and... I told her that. My face hurts now." Ryan nods, obviously very drunk.

"When was the last time you got laid?" Brendon asks.

"Like, two years ago," Ryan says. 

"What, with Sarah?"

"No, with my ex boyfriend."

"You're gay?" Something flutters in Brendon. They kissed once, but that could've been anything. He thought he was dating Sarah.

"I thought that was obvious?" Ryan frowns, looking at Brendon like he's stupid. He's not dating Sarah, he's not dating anyone. Brendon looks at Ryan up and down, then bites his lip. "What?"

Brendon grabs Ryan by his hips, leading him to the nearest empty room. 

"Where are we going?" Ryan asks, but can't help but smile.

"To have the real fun." 

They reach a room and Brendon kicks the door closed. Right when he does, he finally realizes that his phone is ringing. He pulls it out.

"Hello?"

"Brendon, where the hell are you?" Dallon asks.

"Why do you care?" Brendon asks, but starts laughing at his failed attempt to be rude.

"I'm your manager, and Ryan isn't answering either," Dallon says.

"He's with me," Brendon says. "We're at a party, you could shome... shome come... uh, what?"