Chapter twenty-seven

Ryan, shaking, lays unconscious in his bed. Brendon is barely awake, on the verge of going into a deep sleep. Ryan suddenly jolts awake, terrified and crying. It's dark and he's immediately more anxious. He swallows hard, feeling far too anxious to be by himself. He knows what he needs. He knows who he needs. 

He looks over, noticing the sleeping man. He hesitantly gets out of bed and makes his way over quietly, feeling guilt build up inside him more and more. He stops once he has the covers pulled back. Brendon doesn't move. Ryan quickly climbs in bed and covers himself with the blanket, and Brendon wakes up a bit. 

"Ross?" He asks, and Ryan just hides his face by snuggling into Brendon's lower chest. Brendon realizes that he's shaking almost immediately and worry fills his head. "Wait, no, lay... up," Brendon says, so Ryan moves up so their faces are at the same level. 

"I'm sorry, I just-... I... I can't-"

"Shh, baby, it's okay," Brendon says, rubbing Ryan's cheek with his thumb. "Snuggle into me, come here."

Ryan snuggles into Brendon, legs intertwining and bodies warming up together. Brendon pulls the blanket up to Ryan's nose and then wraps his arms around him. 

"I got you, you're okay now," Brendon says calmly into Ryan's soft, curly, brunet hair. Ryan relaxes, snuggled up, then the two quickly fall asleep. 

"Are you sure that you haven't seen Brendon? What about Ryan?" Dallon asks. Josh shrugs.

"No idea, man," Josh says, and Dallon sighs. 

"Okay, I'll go check their room. Thanks, though," Dallon says, turning and walking off. He makes his way to Ryan and Brendon's cabin. He passes people, but tries not to stop and talk. He opens the door and stops when he sees Brendon. The blanket is pulled up enough for him to not see Ryan. Brendon looks up. 

Dallon raises his eyebrows.

"You do realize that I've been waiting for you for about an hour?" He asks.

"I'm sorry," Brendon says quietly. 

"Now, come on, we have things to plan out," Dallon says, but stops when he realizes that Brendon isn't getting up. He walks over.

"No, no, no-" Brendon says as Dallon reaches for the blanket. He pulls it back, but freezes when he sees Ryan. He's snuggled into Brendon, just holding each other tight. Ryan frowns a bit and tenses at the cold air. 

"Okay, fine, just..." Brendon untangles himself from Ryan. Ryan moves in a way that makes Brendon heat up, back arched and hips sideways as he stretches slightly.

"Don't leave," Ryan mumbles, and Brendon looks at him. Ryan holds Brendon's hand tiredly, looking kinda sad but his eyes aren't open. 

"I have to go," Brendon says softly, kissing Ryan's hand. 

"Fine... come here," he says. He pulls Brendon down and once he's close enough, his hand goes to Brendon's hair and he kisses him. Brendon melts and kisses back. Ryan pulls away, then pulls the blanket up, snuggling into the pillows. "Okay, goodnight." 

Brendon blushes hard when he turns and looks at Dallon, who's raising his eyes in amusement. 

"Shut up," Brendon mutters, and they leave. 

"I'm sorry, who was the one trying to deny liking Ryan last night?" Dallon says, and Brendon looks down. "I didn't realize how much you loved him until... well, then."

"Yeah, I-" He stops, realizing. "Wait, no, I don't love him!" Brendon says defensively.

"Sure, whatever you say," Dallon says, walking ahead and making Brendon feel scared. 

He's definitely not in love. That's where he's gonna draw the line. If Ryan ever loves him before filming is over or vice versa, that's when he's gonna end it because it can't ever go on after that.

That's where he draws the line.